Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 349 guests, and 13 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Gingtto, SusanRoth
    11,429 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 2 of 2 1 2
    M
    M
    My almost 7 year old DS's teacher recently made materials for teaching the layers of the atmosphere which she laminated. Here he is in 1st grade and she used her time to make these materials that would normally be used for 4th graders. Thank you Montessori and Ms. A!

S
    S
    Had a great meeting with DS6's school(s) today. They are really working to meet his needs. 4th grade is going very well for Math, they said they assume he will easily complete 5th grade this year too and move to 6th next year (and they have already started talking with some teachers that they think would be a good fit)...which is good but a little daunting. Also, his 4th grade teacher that he goes to for math said she wants to test him for reading and give his 2nd grade teacher some materials. They tested him for reading last year, but the school only went up to N so he was a level N. She said that she thinks he is way up there in reading as he is able to do all the other subject work that she gives the rest of her 4th grade class. They all had really good things to say about DS6, and while they recognized some of his quirks they just kind of had an attitude that said that is who he is and didn't act as if he had to conform. They talked about how much the other kids seem to like him and are good with him in both classes. They took their time to meet with me after my work got out and met with me for over an hour! I am truly blessed. I know that each year is different with different teachers, but I am hoping this will continue and if not I am enjoying it while it lasts! I have to say that a year and a half ago when my son started his school career, I was so anxious about having a PG kid in a public school. I was told by almost everyone that it wouldn't work. I am so grateful that it is working!!

E
    E
    We have a wonderful school that is activly working with us in 5th grade. Granted, I do not ask for things that cost the school in time or money. But with some creative solutions, we have heavily modified our daughter's schooling and it is working brilliantly. I've used a lot of information from DI seminars as well as suggestions from parents and DI family counselor. Put it together - we gave two great presentations, got everything we wanted, have a very happy teacher, interested principal, and thrilled kid. The principal wants us to stay in touch as our daughter moves in to middle school. She say she wants to take what we have done and use what we can to support some up and coming gifted kids that she isn't sure how to handle. We are breaking ground. What a gift our school is!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  M-Moderator, Mark D. 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 05/03/24 07:21 PM
    Technology may replace 40% of jobs in 15 years
    by brilliantcp - 05/02/24 05:17 PM
    NAGC Tip Sheets
    by indigo - 04/29/24 08:36 AM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by Wren - 04/29/24 03:43 AM