Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 395 guests, and 17 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    ddregpharmask, Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Harry Kevin
    11,431 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
    M
    OP Offline
    M
    I capped the class size this year because of the obligation to my time with my oldest DD moving into high school classes, our change to TOG, and some medical problems I have been having. I have a few openings right now since the system has updated and removed some of the inactive students from last year. If you are interested please PM me the parent information and email address. I will take students on first come first serve basis with veterans to the boards getting seats first, since that was the intent of the group.

EPGY OE Volunteer Group Leader
    N
    N
    Could you please give a little more info ? I have my son currently signed up through the $45/3 month deal. What are the benefits to being part of the group ? Cost ? Thanks so much !! smile

M
    OP Offline
    M
    The benefit to the group is that you can access Math and LAW. The cost is $135 for the school year which runs until May 31st 2011, so it is more cost effective the earlier in the year you sign up. (I have not heard about prorating for this year since they added the Individual OE program.) The other difference is that you have SSA support to adjust settings for the different classes based on the individual student. My understanding (correct me someone if this has changed) is that the individual OE is set for all the default settings without the option of changing them.

Can you still accept? My kids have been on this for a few months on the individual enrolment. We've been paying about $160 every month for each course. Can we access all courses through this enrollment?

S
    S
    Originally Posted by melmichigan
    My understanding (correct me someone if this has changed) is that the individual OE is set for all the default settings without the option of changing them.
    This is correct, as far as I can tell. What I don't know is whether EPGY might be willing to change any settings for the individual OE if one inquired via email. So far we're happy with the regular setting.

I haven't seen many reviews of the LAW course - would love to hear any opinions smile

Mel, if I want to sign up again for this year, do you need to know or do I just do so? Looks like my login /etc are still available...
    We are interested in the algebra option (which seems to be new?)
    thanks

W
    W
    Hi melmichigan,

I would like to enrol my Son to EPGY and found that joining your group is a great way to do it.

Could you please tell me if you still have openings? If not, any other groups you know of ?

Regards

William

L
    L
    I'm interested in joining the group!

M
    OP Offline
    M
    Sorry, I haven't been monitoring the boards as much lately. EPGY opted not to prorate their OE courses this year. The new school year starts June 1st. If you are just interested in math it might be a better option for some from a financial standpoint to just use the individual math 3 month program, (which I have nothing to do with) until the new school year starts. smile Otherwise I will be enrolling kids for the new school year as soon as the registration site allows, usually in May. I have had a few requests for enrollment because families want to access LAW and have taken those students. I will post when registration starts.

Last edited by melmichigan; 02/23/11 09:43 AM.

M
    M
    We're doing the 3 month math with DD to try the waters until OE. She was getting sick of Singapore (which I actually like and which DS is still happy with). We're only about a week in, but so far she is liking it.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    2e & long MAP testing
    by SaturnFan - 05/15/24 04:25 PM
    psat questions and some griping :)
    by SaturnFan - 05/15/24 04:14 PM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by mithawk - 05/13/24 06:50 PM
    For those interested in science...
    by indigo - 05/11/24 05:00 PM