Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: melmichigan EPGY group, I have a few openings - 11/03/10 03:12 PM
I capped the class size this year because of the obligation to my time with my oldest DD moving into high school classes, our change to TOG, and some medical problems I have been having. I have a few openings right now since the system has updated and removed some of the inactive students from last year. If you are interested please PM me the parent information and email address. I will take students on first come first serve basis with veterans to the boards getting seats first, since that was the intent of the group.
Posted By: NCPMom Re: EPGY group, I have a few openings - 11/03/10 03:54 PM
Could you please give a little more info ? I have my son currently signed up through the $45/3 month deal. What are the benefits to being part of the group ? Cost ? Thanks so much !! smile
Posted By: melmichigan Re: EPGY group, I have a few openings - 11/08/10 11:14 PM
The benefit to the group is that you can access Math and LAW. The cost is $135 for the school year which runs until May 31st 2011, so it is more cost effective the earlier in the year you sign up. (I have not heard about prorating for this year since they added the Individual OE program.) The other difference is that you have SSA support to adjust settings for the different classes based on the individual student. My understanding (correct me someone if this has changed) is that the individual OE is set for all the default settings without the option of changing them.
Posted By: 2ppaamm Re: EPGY group, I have a few openings - 11/11/10 11:36 AM
Can you still accept? My kids have been on this for a few months on the individual enrolment. We've been paying about $160 every month for each course. Can we access all courses through this enrollment?
Posted By: snowgirl Re: EPGY group, I have a few openings - 11/11/10 09:47 PM
Originally Posted by melmichigan
My understanding (correct me someone if this has changed) is that the individual OE is set for all the default settings without the option of changing them.
This is correct, as far as I can tell. What I don't know is whether EPGY might be willing to change any settings for the individual OE if one inquired via email. So far we're happy with the regular setting.

I haven't seen many reviews of the LAW course - would love to hear any opinions smile
Posted By: chris1234 Re: EPGY group, I have a few openings - 11/13/10 01:53 PM
Mel, if I want to sign up again for this year, do you need to know or do I just do so? Looks like my login /etc are still available...
We are interested in the algebra option (which seems to be new?)
thanks
Posted By: william wang Re: EPGY group, I have a few openings - 02/21/11 10:23 PM
Hi melmichigan,

I would like to enrol my Son to EPGY and found that joining your group is a great way to do it.

Could you please tell me if you still have openings? If not, any other groups you know of ?

Regards

William
Posted By: lavendersblue Re: EPGY group, I have a few openings - 02/23/11 03:37 PM
I'm interested in joining the group!
Posted By: melmichigan Re: EPGY group, I have a few openings - 02/23/11 04:42 PM
Sorry, I haven't been monitoring the boards as much lately. EPGY opted not to prorate their OE courses this year. The new school year starts June 1st. If you are just interested in math it might be a better option for some from a financial standpoint to just use the individual math 3 month program, (which I have nothing to do with) until the new school year starts. smile Otherwise I will be enrolling kids for the new school year as soon as the registration site allows, usually in May. I have had a few requests for enrollment because families want to access LAW and have taken those students. I will post when registration starts.
Posted By: mark Re: EPGY group, I have a few openings - 02/23/11 11:47 PM
We're doing the 3 month math with DD to try the waters until OE. She was getting sick of Singapore (which I actually like and which DS is still happy with). We're only about a week in, but so far she is liking it.
Posted By: Symsm Re: EPGY group, I have a few openings - 03/05/11 06:02 PM
Hi Mel. I am interested in open enrolling my son and daughter for the epgy math in June 2011. Can you let me know how to do that through you? Thank you. Maria
Posted By: mfraser Re: EPGY group, I have a few openings - 03/10/11 09:52 PM
Hi - do you know if we can sign up from Canada? Tx! M
Posted By: melmichigan Re: EPGY group, I have a few openings - 03/12/11 05:37 PM
I will post when enrollment begins for the next school year and will then begin taking information for new students. Yes, Canadians can enroll, TMK they only Canada and US.
Posted By: Cricket2 Re: EPGY group, I have a few openings - 03/19/11 01:36 AM
Melissa,

We haven't used EPGY in months although we are part of your group and paid for the year. I was wanting dd to see if she could do a little bit but realized that we've lost her login info. Our prior laptop died and the info was on that one. Is there anyway to get her login id # back?
Posted By: Momtogirls Re: EPGY group, I have a few openings - 03/22/11 03:26 PM
I'm trying to find something to supplement what dd is doing in public school. Would you recommend EPGY? I'm also hoping I can convince her school to let her do some online work during the day, or substitute some online work for school work... She's currently reading/writing at an 8th grade level and is in 3rd grade. The 3rd grade reading curriculum doesn't quite provide what she needs. She's already very young and very tiny, also not as advanced in math. So, a full grade skip would be tough and she'll be between buildings next year, so subject acceleration will be a challenge as well.

Thanks for any info. Has anyone else used Epgy this way?

Julie
Posted By: Cricket2 Re: EPGY group, I have a few openings - 03/23/11 12:34 AM
Originally Posted by Momtogirls
Thanks for any info. Has anyone else used Epgy this way?
We have and we also have a very young, very tiny younger dd smile. I like the LAW (language arts writing) program that comes with EPGY although, like I mentioned, we just haven't used it as much this year b/c dd is doing a lot of other stuff that's taking up her time. The thing with LAW is that it isn't a reading curriculum so much as an English (structure, grammar) and writing program, IMO. Writing wise it doesn't have the kids writing but rather recognizing elements of proper writing by identifying it from multiple choices or choosing words from a selection and creating sentences, etc.

You might also want to take a look at some of the following for online humanities/reading courses:
http://www.onlineg3.com/
http://www.athenasacademy.com/
Posted By: covenantcasa Re: EPGY group, I have a few openings - 04/18/11 09:51 PM
I too am interested in open enrollment. Please let me know.
Posted By: kumar Re: EPGY group, I have a few openings - 04/21/11 03:33 PM
Hello Melissa,

We would like to enroll our child in the open enrollment program of EPGY for june 2011 session. Please let me know.
Posted By: Aelita Re: EPGY group, I have a few openings - 05/20/11 02:07 AM
Hi,
I'm interested in open enrollment for June 2011. Please let me know how to register. Thanks,
Julia.
Posted By: huaichen Re: EPGY group, I have a few openings - 06/03/11 02:37 PM
Hi,

Do you have space now? My daughter would like to join EGPY.

Thanks very much!
Posted By: melmichigan Re: EPGY group, I have a few openings - 06/12/11 06:00 PM
The enrollment options are different now. There is not a set "school year". Your enrollment options are 5 and 10 months from the time of enrollment so enrollment will be ongoing for the time being.
Posted By: StarGazer Re: EPGY group, I have a few openings - 06/21/11 05:11 PM
melmichigan,

I have sent you a PM and am still interested in the $135 enrollment, which covers the three courses for 10 months. Please let me know the next steps.

StarGazer
Posted By: Terrilth Re: EPGY group, I have a few openings - 06/23/11 01:46 PM
Hi there!
Newbie here. I came here looking for this information and just sent you a pm. smile
Thanks
Posted By: nyc2kids Re: EPGY group, I have a few openings - 06/24/11 04:04 AM
melmichigan,
I sent you a PM re: enrollment a few days ago. Please let me know next steps. I'd like to get my kids started this summer.
Thanks!
nyc2kids
Posted By: Terrilth Re: EPGY group, I have a few openings - 06/24/11 01:30 PM
Is this a really old thread? Are those openings still available?
Posted By: kboyzRpg Re: EPGY group, I have a few openings - 08/21/11 05:56 AM
can i still join your EPGY OE group with my YS DS9 going in to 6th grade? thanks!
kevin
(PS: i sent you a PM on this topic)
Posted By: LAR Re: EPGY group, I have a few openings - 08/29/11 01:27 PM
Hi I'm new here. Can I join your group for the EPGY OE? Thanks.
Posted By: tmchang Re: EPGY group, I have a few openings - 09/02/11 12:20 AM
I am also new here. May I also join your group for EPGY Open Enrollment? I have a 4th grader. Thank you very much.
Posted By: momkay Re: EPGY group, I have a few openings - 09/14/11 01:37 PM
Hi, I am new here. Can I join your group for the EPGY open enrollment. My DD is in 2nd grade. I have also sent you an PM regarding this.
Posted By: Suada Re: EPGY group, I have a few openings - 10/25/11 05:37 AM
Hi, new here and in need of access to EPGY - please help.
Posted By: Suada Re: EPGY group, I have a few openings - 10/25/11 05:42 AM
hI, I am new to the forum and in need of EPGY courses. Please let me know if you can help.
Thank you
sue
Posted By: mcnj Re: EPGY group, I have a few openings - 02/06/12 08:57 AM
All,

I am starting a new EPGY open enrollment group. Please let me know if you are interested. I have two daughters (10 and 7) who will be enrolling as well.

Regards,
M.
Posted By: Cyn Re: EPGY group, I have a few openings - 02/15/12 09:30 PM
Hi, Thanks for leading this. I am definitely in. I think joining this way allows my son to do Algebra, correct? I have a 11 year old and a 7 year old.

--Cynthia
Posted By: zilya Re: EPGY group, I have a few openings - 02/20/12 05:58 AM
Hi,

I have two 7 year olds. I am interested in EPGY for them

thanks
Posted By: mcnj Re: EPGY group, I have a few openings - 02/20/12 03:28 PM
Hi Zilya,

I sent you a PM with more information.

M.
Posted By: triplejmom Re: EPGY group, I have a few openings - 02/20/12 05:07 PM
I'm interested, would love more information. Mostly for my 8 year old at this time.

Thanks!
Posted By: SamB Re: EPGY group, I have a few openings - 02/24/12 01:12 AM
Hi,

I'm very interested in joining your EPGY group. Our son has been doing the individual program, but as that enrollment is ending at the end of March, and we haven't found the tutor to be much added value, we want to move to an open enrollment group.

Please let me know what I need to do to join up.

Thanks,

SamB
Posted By: vika Re: EPGY group, I have a few openings - 02/24/12 03:54 PM
Hi,
I'm interested in EPGY for my 8 year old. Would love more info.
Thanks
Posted By: MorningStar Re: EPGY group, I have a few openings - 02/29/12 04:10 PM
Hello! I am very interested in joining EPGY Math. I have 6 year old. Any info is much appreciated.
Posted By: Funda Re: EPGY group, I have a few openings - 03/02/12 04:12 AM
Hi,

I am very much interested -- do you have any openings? I have an 8yo son.

Thank you very much,

Funda
Posted By: swww Re: EPGY group, I have a few openings - 06/05/12 04:30 AM
Hi,

I am interested in open enrollment on EPGY. Can anyone provide some information on it?

Thanks,

swww
Posted By: Elena Re: EPGY group, I have a few openings - 09/10/12 08:54 PM
I am interested in joining EPGY open enrollment group for my daughter (7yo) Can you please let me know if we can join your group.
Thank you
Elena
elenashteyn@yahoo dot com
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum