Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 429 guests, and 36 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Gingtto, SusanRoth, Ellajack57, emarvelous, Mary Logan
    11,426 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
    I
    I
    Fun thread! DD7 wants to be a teacher, a scientist and an author...research professor maybe? DD5 is easy...a farmer.

L
    L
    DS6 wants to be a construction worker (only to drive the diggers), a race car driver (a hobby of his dad's), and an inventor (probably his true passion).

DD3 says "I want to be myself" - something we should all strive for. grin

These are so fun! DS5 wants to be a scientist (he drew a picture at school of himself surrounded with test tubes). He also wants to be a Lego Master.

B
    BKD Offline
    B
    DS7 wants to be prime minister or a mad scientist (gene experimentations).

DS5 wants to be a mad scientist or a bouncy castle tester.

I am laughing so hard, love this thread.

DD5 has always loved animals dearly (her favorite is dogs) so for the longest time she wanted to be a dog, now she wants to be a veterinarian.

DD6 for the longest time wanted to be optometrist, she said she wanted to be able to fix my eyes so that I wouldn't need to wear my glasses or contacts anymore, then she wanted to be a doctor so that she could go to Africa and help the children that needed medical care. Most recently she wants to be a veterinarian to help the sick dogs and cats and is now trying to talk her younger sister into opening an animal hospital together. lol

M
    M
    What fun!

Harpo (8) wants to be an archaeologist (which seems good to me, since he spends large chunks of his day digging really big holes in the dirt), or else a linguistics professor, or else somebody who gets to read all day and get paid for it (funny, this last was my childhood dream, too...)

Groucho (6) wants very much (very, very much) to run his own theatre company, which strikes me as apt, since he is a great tinkerer, and can put together great costumes, sets and props for his Andy Hardyesque shows-in-the-barn out of the contents of the ragbag and the blue box.

Chico (4) says he wants to be an aerospace engineer. He has already picked his university and his subspecialty, and every time he finds a penny on the sidewalk, he scoops it up and says he's saving it for his university money.

peace
    minnie

S
    S
    Tigger (6.11) was always going to be a pilot then an astronaut but after his last trip to hospital he informed the doctor who asked this very question that he was going to be a doctor and invent a cure for all allergies so children can eat anything without getting sick - oh and maybe it would work for him too. That was a heart tugger... personally I would like to see that day come before he became a grown up. frown

D
    D
    Dd newly 15 wants to be a medical doctor or Navy SEAL (we know). West Point and Annapolis are among her top college picks.
    Ds newly 13 wants to be an engineer and/or inventor.

DS 21 - A college level cross country coach or a sports journalist
    DS 18 - Lawyer
    DS 8 - Either a professional fisherman or a veterinarian. Third choice is medical researcher who discovers the secret to reverse aging. Me, I am hoping for the last...and then he can go fish!
    DD 7 - a veterinarian, a teacher and a babysitter!

Fun Thread!

M
    M
    For a long time DS7 and DS5 were going to be boat captains together, then they were going to be train engineers together, lol. Now:

DS7- architect or chemical engineer

DS5- paleontologist

DD3- mostly says she wants to be a mommy, though after we visited the Museum of Natural History in D.C. last week, she says she wants to be a paleontologist like DS5.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by Wren - 04/29/24 03:43 AM
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 04/21/24 03:55 PM
    Testing with accommodations
    by blackcat - 04/17/24 08:15 AM