Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 342 guests, and 10 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    ddregpharmask, Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Harry Kevin
    11,431 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
    O
    OP Offline
    O
    This will be a fun thread. don't forget to write your child's age.

My DD9 wants to be an inventor. I think he has the mind for it. Sometimes I go to him if I can't figure out how something works and he can do it. He also like to build legos and invent things from cardboard and scraps.

Before that he wanted to be an world explorer with his sister.
    Whenever DD6 would get mad at him, she would say if you don't start being nice I'm not going to be a world explorer anymore.

My DDs idea (back in preschool)was when she would build a fense around the trees with the Koala to protect them from being endangered. She's a sweetie.

Last edited by onthegomom; 10/26/09 02:21 PM.
    R
    R
    DS5 has wanted to be a marine biologist since was 3. He told me yesterday that "he's considering Paleontology" - it's funny to see the look on people's faces when a 3 year old says he wants to be a Marine Biologist - it's priceless. smile

C
    C
    DS6 wanted to be an inventor first, he has several ideas, one I love is an inflateable cutting board. After he is done doing that he wants to start a resturant called Burger World.

When DS6 was younger he wanted to be an astronaut. One day he decided he wanted to be a scientist. I asked "What about going to space?" He laughed and said "I'm still going to space mom, just not doing the driving." LOL.

Shari
    Mom to DS 10, DS 11, DS 13
    Ability doesn't make us, Choices do!
    A
    A
    DD is 2.7 and she wants to be an "orthopedic surgeon" My DH is in charge of a large group of multi-site multi-specialty medical groups for a hospital.... and she overheard DH discussing the orthopedic surgeons and asked what they did....he explained and suddenly one day she annouced this is what she wants to be and she now "performs surgery" on our knees constantly LOL.

It is priceless to see people's faces including my MIL when DD tells them that she is going to be "an orthopedic surgeon" She is also dressing up as one for Halloween LOL

DD6- DYS
    Homeschooling on a remote island at the edge of the world.
    M
    M
    DS5 wants to be a detective or a rock star. Last year he wanted to be a dentist.

- Kate, mom to Ray
    Ds9 wants to be a mix of dancer, illustrator, scientist, real estate agent and video game developer. Oh, and I almost forgot robotics engineer, toy maker and inventor! Whew.

Dd3 is much more realistic, she wants to be a ballerina doctor who drives a very large RED truck. And her stethoscope will be red, too.

Last edited by chris1234; 10/26/09 04:40 PM.
    M
    M
    When dd was 2, she wanted to be a duck. A few months ago (a few months over 3), she wanted to be a doctor. Lately (almost 3.5), she wants to be a "mama" like me! LOL!

Last edited by MamaJA; 10/26/09 05:03 PM.
    B
    B
    DS6 wants to be a Tornado Chaser during the tornado season and then in the off season he wants to work as a demolition engineer and save the Manatees :-)

Last edited by Belle; 10/26/09 05:31 PM.
    T
    T
    Originally Posted by MamaJA
    When dd was 2, she wanted to be a duck.

LOL! I remember when DD was 4 (yes, 4) we were listening to "when you wish upon a star" and she said, "I don't want to be a fish when I grow up" I laughed and asked her what she *did* want to be. With great delight she exclaimed..."A pony!"

I've always been amazed by the fancifulness of her personality contrasted with her advanced development in so many other areas..... laugh BTW, she no longer wants to be a pony--at 10 she either wants to work with little kids (she is the pied piper of the pre-school set); open a pottery store with her friend; or train dolphins and whales.

DS 7 spent years wanting to be various rescue jobs--but then he hit a more cautious period of life. Now he wants to figure out what he's interested in and "get a job there, because then you can get all the free stuff you're interested in". He then added that, "The Home Depot guys must be in luxury--they can have washers and tractors and all the building stuff".

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    For those interested in science...
    by indigo - 05/11/24 05:00 PM
    2e & long MAP testing
    by millersb02 - 05/10/24 07:34 AM
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 05/03/24 07:21 PM
    Technology may replace 40% of jobs in 15 years
    by brilliantcp - 05/02/24 05:17 PM