Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 358 guests, and 20 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Gingtto, SusanRoth
    11,429 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
    M
    M
    Wyldkat - too bad we can't get our dc together - Dd is going to be Asoka Tano! wink Oh, and I own my *own* lightsaber, too. Sometimes it's perfect fun to be the parent of an only - such a great excuse to play and have my own toys!

I think the *real* excitement is the face paint... I bought a few extra colors. We'll be travelling on Halloween, visiting family, and she wants to paint-up her little cousin! Actually, she was trying to convince the same little cousin to go as R2-D2, but no go. Guess a 3yo she's not a Star Wars fan quite yet!

~ Mingo and 9yo dd
    Mingo #57307 10/03/09 12:14 PM
    Oh, you have to convince the 3yo to be R2-D2! Perfect size for that.

My DS5 decided earlier this year that he wanted to be a tiki totem pole. Now he's telling me he wants to be a caution cone, again. I told him if he could fit into the caution cone costume that I made him when he was 2, he could wear it, but otherwise I will continue making the totem pole.

H
    H
    A totem pole SPG, that's great! You guys are so creative. My DS7 is eternally trying to convince me there are aliens so he is going as an alien. DD3 can't decide but today she said a scary princess. Hmmm?

hkc75 #57314 10/03/09 02:23 PM
    L
    L
    My kids will be robots. First dd3 says she wants to be a bee and then she remembers ds5 will be a robot so she needs to be just like big brother.

Nes #57316 10/03/09 02:58 PM
    N
    N
    A lot of these sound like my house, LOL!

DS7 is going to be an architect, and DD3 wants to be a robot. I was gearing up to make her a costume, but she saw C3PO on TV the other day and liked him, so maybe I'll see if there are still any of those costumes and just buy one. I feel lazy buying a costume, since my mother always made my costumes, but she didn't go to work all day, either. We'll see. smile

L
    L

O
    oli Offline
    O
    DD2 decided to be an astronaut. We already have a suit I brought her from work trip. I actually thought I could decide for her as she is only 27mo so I almost bought an adorable ladybug costume, luckily I asked her first. She is so independent already, I can not buy her any clothes with out asking her as otherwise she will NEVER wear them. It takes us (her) 15min every morning to decide what she wants to wear.

Mingo #57337 10/03/09 07:35 PM
    W
    W
    Originally Posted by Mingo
    Wyldkat - too bad we can't get our dc together - Dd is going to be Asoka Tano! wink Oh, and I own my *own* lightsaber, too. Sometimes it's perfect fun to be the parent of an only - such a great excuse to play and have my own toys!

I think the *real* excitement is the face paint... I bought a few extra colors. We'll be travelling on Halloween, visiting family, and she wants to paint-up her little cousin! Actually, she was trying to convince the same little cousin to go as R2-D2, but no go. Guess a 3yo she's not a Star Wars fan quite yet!

LOL I tried to convince Bear to be Yoda.

G
    G
    DD13 wants to be a marine mammal trainer. We have a wetsuit, a dog whistle, and scuba booties.

M
    M
    LOL I tried to convince Bear to be Yoda.

Well, it got better today. Dsil had a baby boy and now Dd wants HIM to be Jabba the Hutt's son, aka "Stinky" in the Clone Wars! grin I'm thinking this will be a no go.

At least they gave the baby a good Star Wars name - Luke! LOL!

~ Mingo and 9yo dd
    Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 05/03/24 07:21 PM
    Technology may replace 40% of jobs in 15 years
    by brilliantcp - 05/02/24 05:17 PM
    NAGC Tip Sheets
    by indigo - 04/29/24 08:36 AM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs