Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 110 guests, and 14 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    ddregpharmask, Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Harry Kevin
    11,431 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 2 of 2 1 2
    Originally Posted by Dottie
    Remember too, there isn't much difference between a score of 20 and 25 on the Explore. The 25 represents pretty much perfection, and a 20 could have just a couple of wrong answers. After seeing a sample test, I'd call anything 20+ pretty much at the ceiling. Too bad C-MITES (our local search) doesn't have awards, cry .

Good info, Dottie. I was unsure why certain scores from last year didn't move much, but maybe DD hit the "ceiling" on those. I still wonder about the science test, because that continues to be the "weakest" for DD. She is in her grade level (with one skip) in science and she found herself running out of time and unfamiliar with the material. I don't know if this is a weak area for our school or just a matter of critical thinking on her part. Any thoughts how to make this area stronger esp. when we move to the ACT/SATs.

Jen

B
    Ben Offline
    B
    I still haven't gotten a packet...but I got a postcard. It said I scored in the top 3 on a section of the ACT. Anybody else get one? I'm supper happy!

My big brag since I got the NUMATS scores for 3/4/5/6th graders package last Thursday:

DD 10 (4th grade) scored a 25 on the English and 25 on the Reading. There were only 7 students to hit 25 for 4th graders in English and only 1 to hit 25 for Reading!!! It must be her!!

W
    W
    Yay! I know you are so proud! What a smart girl.

grin

P
    P
    We had been waiting for the statistical summary and the planner but they have arrived at last. I think the planner will be quite helpful.

While my DS didn't make the Numats awards, he was close! He was in the top 3% of 4th graders but he won't be 10 until late September.

I guess the next step is to do some further testing and take a shot at DYS. My head is still spinning a bit about the whole conecpt and how to proceed!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    2e & long MAP testing
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:30 PM
    psat questions and some griping :)
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:21 PM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by mithawk - 05/13/24 06:50 PM
    For those interested in science...
    by indigo - 05/11/24 05:00 PM