Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 105 guests, and 31 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    ddregpharmask, Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Harry Kevin
    11,431 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 1 of 2 1 2
    #46132 04/30/09 05:15 AM
    OP Offline
    I've been off the site for a long time - new job = busy, busy, busy! We are still waiting for the report from Northwestern CTD. Anyone got theirs yet???

E
    E
    We're still waiting in Michigan. smile

P
    P
    Also still waiting in Michigan. I was told they would be sent out around the end of April or early May. (Haven't received this year's MEAP scores yet either!)

K
    K
    Also in Michigan...
    You're referring to the score distribution info and such? I was told two weeks ago they'd be mailed out last week, but I still haven't seen anything yet.
    Is anyone going to the awards ceremony June 6? We'd love to meet other Michiganders! My son is in 5th grade(homeschooled), and we're in Grand Rapids.

P
    P
    We have not recevied the NUMATS score distribution yet, but we did finally receive the MEAP scores this week.

We haven't heard anything on the awards ceremony. I assumed it was sort of an invitation only type of thing (and haven't seen an invite yet)!

Nothing here either... I think the award levels are listed on their website, but I'm running out the door right now and don't have time to track down the link...

Erica
    We received our scores about a month ago (IL) and my daughter received a letter she was invited to the awards ceremony at Northwestern (we are going). We were told we would receive something which showed how she did compared to the gifted children who took the test but we haven't. We only received the report from ACT showing her scores compared to other 8th graders.

Here is the link to the award levels: http://www.ctd.northwestern.edu/docs/ctd/2009acscorecriteria.pdf

But let me tell you, I SURE WISH a highly gifted person would take a stab at reorganizing and simplifying their crazy website....!

Can someone tell me if all the IL kids who scored well go to the Northwestern ceremony? I read something about a ceremony at Il Math and Science as well. They won't tell us anything except that she qualified for an award.

Last edited by marieg; 05/06/09 12:10 PM.
    No CTD packet in Wisconsin yet either. I did call CTD and talk with Maureen Hanrahan (not sure if I got the spelling on the last name correct). She said they had been waiting on one document, but that they were (on Tuesday, April 28th) in the process of mailing them out. Like I said, I'm still waiting. Wisconsin's ceremony is this Saturday and my daughter was invited so we're going. It sure would be nice to know more about her scores before we go!

My packet came today. I like the different recommendations for acceleration and class recommendations. It looks like DD is ready for ACT/SAT next year and will "graduate" the Explore. I find it amazing that there are 3rd and 4th graders who get 25s on this test. It will be nice to meet them at awards.

Jen

Originally Posted by Dottie
    Remember too, there isn't much difference between a score of 20 and 25 on the Explore. The 25 represents pretty much perfection, and a 20 could have just a couple of wrong answers. After seeing a sample test, I'd call anything 20+ pretty much at the ceiling. Too bad C-MITES (our local search) doesn't have awards, cry .

Really??!!
    What kind of progression do you think a child would make each year, 3-4 points increase per test?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    2e & long MAP testing
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:30 PM
    psat questions and some griping :)
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:21 PM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by mithawk - 05/13/24 06:50 PM
    For those interested in science...
    by indigo - 05/11/24 05:00 PM