Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 343 guests, and 15 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    jkeller, Alex Hoxdson, JPH, Alex011, Scotmicky12
    11,444 Registered Users
    June
    S M T W T F S
    2 3 4 5 6 7 8
    9 10 11 12 13 14 15
    16 17 18 19 20 21 22
    23 24 25 26 27 28 29
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
    shellymos #43619 04/02/09 11:34 AM
    Mr W found out how to throw overhand two weeks ago.

He does it with everything he can pick up now. Its rather dangerous to be downrange of him.

Last night he picked up a ball and threw it at the wall. It came back and hit him in the head. He just looked at it.

The next thing he grabbed was a 4 oz can of evap milk and did the same thing. It went straight up in the air, came back down, and hit him in the head.

He fell over and hit the floor pretty hard. He did not cry, but laid there on his stomach, kicking a leg into the floor.

Then, very clearly, he said:

"Ouch!! That really hurts!!" and then,

"That was pretty stupid, huh?"

Austin #43754 04/03/09 04:42 PM
    I spent today setting up for our public library's book sale. After school today DD6 joined me. She was pretty disappointed at the amount of children's books this year, so she promptly announced that there were not enough books for sale here, and ran off to find the childrens' librarian to ask for paper becasue she needed to get right to work making more books for the sale!
    She's got 2 going now and has assured me that she will have them ready for the start of the sale Sunday.

RobotMom #43788 04/04/09 06:59 PM
    M
    M
    DS5 cracked me up earlier today. He has a head cold, so he is a bit stuffed up. As we were eating lunch, he said, out of the blue and sort of annoyed, "Why aren't my antibodies killing the germs?" smile

m2gts #43891 04/06/09 08:40 PM
    J
    J
    This thread is funny!

When my son was around 20 months old at the time and wanting to know the name of everything. We were eating in a booth next to a window and he started pestering his younger cousin when I told him to "Please eat your chicken."

He had an inquisitive look on his face that made me wonder what was wrong.

He pointed to his plate and said "Chicken?"

I said, "Yes. Eat your chicken."

He then looked outside the window and pointed at some pidgeons and said, "Chicken?"

I think I was trying to hide the look of dread on my face wondering if he had made that connection of eating something that was alive.

I told him, "No sweetie. That is a pidgeon. Now eat your chicken."

Last edited by JustAMom; 04/06/09 08:41 PM.
    JustAMom #43935 04/07/09 12:23 PM
    DS6 went to a new friends house for the first time yesterday.When he got there he found out the his friend's Dad was a big time astronomy buff. There were telescopes everywhere! He even has a telescope that sent digital photos directly to his computer.

When he found out DS is fascinated with space he offered to show him some things. He showed him the sun complete with plasma arcs during the day then called to see if DS could stay until it got dark. I agreed to show up a little later than planned. When I got there they were out looking at Saturn and several of the moons. Mr M was telling DS all about Saturn and the moons surrounding it. He said something about one of the moons having liquid in the form of lakes and DS turned around very calmily and said "I'll have to get back to you on that, when I've had time to check your facts". then turned back to the telescope.

Last edited by BWBShari; 04/07/09 01:36 PM.

Shari
    Mom to DS 10, DS 11, DS 13
    Ability doesn't make us, Choices do!
    BWBShari #43938 04/07/09 12:57 PM
    Originally Posted by BWBShari
    "I'll have to get back to you on that, when I've had time to check your facts". then turned back to the telescope.

Love hearing about your sweetie-pie!
    Grinity, Grinning to infinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com
    Grinity #43980 04/08/09 06:41 AM
    One more. DS4 and DS6 both asked for an apple yesterday. DS4 happily snatched his apple and ran off. DS6 looked at the apple, then looked at me. "You need to cut it up" he said. I said to him "Your 4 yo brother doesn't need it cut up, he eats a whole apple just fine, you can too". I started back to what I was doing. Next thing I know DS6 is back in front of me with the apple. "Mom, that's the point, he's only 4" "He hasn't gotten to the part where his teeth start falling out yet, DUH!" DS6 is missing his bottom teeth and therefore can't bite his apple! DUH!

Shari
    Mom to DS 10, DS 11, DS 13
    Ability doesn't make us, Choices do!
    Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    11-year-old earns associate degree
    by indigo - 05/27/24 08:02 PM
    psat questions and some griping :)
    by SaturnFan - 05/22/24 08:50 AM
    2e & long MAP testing