Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 420 guests, and 40 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    ddregpharmask, Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Harry Kevin
    11,431 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    My DS6 saw a psychologist at 2 for issues with extreme perfectionism. He told me that my son was a run away train, hang on for dear life or get run over.

Shari
    Mom to DS 10, DS 11, DS 13
    Ability doesn't make us, Choices do!
    S
    S
    Well I am a very easygoing person who rarely gets anxious about anything....but I am still a little anxious about the testing DS4 is going through now. He did the SBV yesterday, then started the WIAT this morning and is going to finish it next Monday. Then he has a few more scheduled for Tuesday (Torance, bender gestalt...maybe TOMAGS). I am not anxious that it won't show he is gifted because I have not doubts about that, I guess I am anxious that it will show what I suspect (that he is highly/exceptionally or even profoundly gifted) and then I am not sure what to do with all that information. The tester has not said much to me yet, other than during the SB-V he did some adult level work...and today she talked about having to do some out of level tests because there wouldn't at be a point to just using the WIAT as a pre-k'r or even K'r because it wouldn't show much. Anyhow, she seems quite amazed...which makes me a little more concerned. It is going to be hard to wait a couple weeks for the results...but hopefully I will be able to busy myself. Good luck waiting for your results!

G
    G
    DS6's WISC is this Thursday. I am a nervous wreck. What if he refuses to eat breakfast? What if she doesn't give me a ballpark right away? Ack!

S
    S
    Just remember that they can sense your stress...I remind myself of that often. I was overly outwardly non-stressed a few days before trying to make things as peaceful as possible. I obviously try not to be stressed normally, but paid more attention to it. Try offering some special foods that morning for breakfast that he may like. My son eats breakfast every morning so that isn't an issue..but I wanted to make sure it would be nutricious. He had pancakes and veggie sausage and fruit one morning, and eggs and toast with fruit the next. And he ate during the testing on a couple breaks. He brought food in once and the tester said he did better having food there (just gave him cashews and cranberries together). And as to the ballpark, I would bet they don't. They don't typically say much. Our tester said a little, but still didn't give me any idea other than saying "he is way up there" which is what I gathered and why I brought him in. But that is okay, I can be patient, if I have to be LOL. Good luck, keep us posted.

Our tester told us the score on the spot. We were pretty lucky! But it does happen...

Kriston
    Ours too!

G
    G
    We had the test. She wouldn't give me a single hint. She said that she doesn't do that. I still expected at least a hint. Is the lack of a hint a bad sign? The test took 2 hrs and 45 minutes. He is 6 years old and she said that she normally begins a little below their abilities but in his case she started at 6 years. She said that he petered out at about 2 hrs 15 minutes and got tired and the final supplemental tests didn't go very well. She said it's not a problem because they don't compute into the FSIQ. Is the fact that it was under 3 hrs a bad sign? The achievement test is next week and the following week, she'll give us the scores.

F
    F
    Giftedticcyhyper,

Was it the IQ test? DS 's IQ test took only about 1 hour 30 mins.

Cindi
    G
    G
    Yes, it was the WISC IV.

Shelly, Cypher and M2gts,

The 3 of you can start a support group for test results. Prayer group for patience, mantra's for peace etc....

I hate waiting!!!

Shari
    Mom to DS 10, DS 11, DS 13
    Ability doesn't make us, Choices do!
    Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    2e & long MAP testing
    by spaghetti - 05/14/24 08:14 AM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by mithawk - 05/13/24 06:50 PM