Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 342 guests, and 10 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    ddregpharmask, Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Harry Kevin
    11,431 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
    I'm all for it, assuming you have the time to devote to it. Personally, I'd rather wait longer for the child to be trained and have to pay less attention to my child's every glance, breath and whimper, but I can see the appeal to people who go in for that sort of thing.

To each her own...

Kriston
    To me if I have to be the one figuring out when they have to go potty then I guess I would be training myself. Also with three very young kids, two in diapers I would be spending a lot of time in the potty.

On the other hand I think it is nice to bond with your kids and if this helps you bond thats great.

I do not know if I read the same book, but a major draw back I saw in the book I read, was what to do if your out in public. Like at the mall or a restaurant? I think the servers might have a problem with my naked poopy baby.

If you try it. Let me know how it is working. I really am interested to see how the concept could work in todays culture.

There is an essay called "When we were insane." about sensory knowledge and response versus structure in one's life. I can't find it anywhere online. Its about the tradeoff between working in natural environment and relying on cues versus the highly structured environment of today where we rely on programmed activities. Some people cannot get the hang of being programmed and are seen as being insane, but when placed in the wild, are able to fend for themselves vs the modern programmed person who would die very quickly in the wild. Just thinking aloud.

E
    E
    Hello -

If anyone is interested, I can tell you offline how we did a modified EC from about the time my DS could sit up.

Much like homeschooling/afterschooling, etc., EC does not have to be an all or nothing thing.

I know it EC is not for everyone but it worked pretty well for us...

EW

Austin sound like an interesting article. I have pondered that before. I will look for the article. Thanks for thinking out loud. I really enjoy hearing different peoples perspectives on things.

Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    For those interested in science...
    by indigo - 05/11/24 05:00 PM
    2e & long MAP testing
    by millersb02 - 05/10/24 07:34 AM
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 05/03/24 07:21 PM
    Technology may replace 40% of jobs in 15 years
    by brilliantcp - 05/02/24 05:17 PM