Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 429 guests, and 36 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Gingtto, SusanRoth, Ellajack57, emarvelous, Mary Logan
    11,426 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    #31765 11/28/08 12:19 PM
    L
    Lori H. Offline OP
    OP Offline
    L
    I am so thankful that my husband is so helpful in supporting my efforts to homeschool our son.

I am so thankful for all those little things he does like asking our son what he learned today and his willingness to take on "debates" when I am tired, when I know he is also tired and that I can call him during the day while he is at work to tell him that his son did really well on something he was working on. I have found that this is a great motivator, much better than calling to say we were having a problem of some kind.

I am thankful that he shares an interest in history and literature with his son and encourages him to learn more.

I am thankful that he can teach him all about electronic stuff because I think I must have some kind of new technology ld.

I am thankful that he encourages him to keep learning and to go ahead and use more interesting vocabulary instead of telling him that he should dumb down to fit in better with other people in our small town.

M
    M
    Dear Lori,

This is so nice! I love gratitude. And you're right, supportive spouses are worth celebrating! (I've got one, too, bless his heart, reading stories to the lads as we speak--love ya, Frenchie!!)

It sounds like your son is so lucky to have both of you! Happy Thanksgiving season!

minnie

L
    Lori H. Offline OP
    OP Offline
    L
    And I forgot to mention that he is usually the one who does the cooking for holidays like Thanksgiving. He is much more creative than I am in the kitchen and seems to enjoy cooking once in a while. He made Frogs Eye Salad and a delicious apple cake to take to my uncle's house for Thanksgiving dinner.

Today he finished putting in a new door and tile in our kitchen. He is in his late 50's, has already retired from two jobs and is working toward his third retirement, and he still has that high energy level that a lot of gifted people seem to have. He seems to be able to learn how to do anything that he decides to do by reading how to books or looking things up online. He used to tell me he was a "jack of all trades, master of none."

He is a great role model for our son.

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by Wren - 04/29/24 03:43 AM
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 04/21/24 03:55 PM
    Testing with accommodations
    by blackcat - 04/17/24 08:15 AM