Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 372 guests, and 24 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Gingtto, SusanRoth
    11,429 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 2 of 2 1 2
    K
    K
    Hello Grinity!

I appreciated all your past posts when I was trying to learn about our ds. So thank you!

Hi Grinity! It is great to hear from you. Sounds like you and your son have handled big changes very well. I am glad to hear things are moving in a positive direction for both of you.

When I was more active on this forum (because I had so many questions!!), you were a huge support and voice of reason and experience. I appreciated your insight, and most of the time I agreed with you. smile You were also a wonderful mediator when there was dissent on the board, helping all of us to be civil and accepting of alternate viewpoints.

My DS is now 10 and in 6th grade. He is doing really well, grade-skipped once and subject accelerated in math. After having been at a really good-fit full-time GT program, DS wanted to try something different, so he's now in a new small and flexible school, but with no GT program. They seem willing to learn about GT and be flexible, so that is good. DS at first was happy to coast, but then realized that he really did need some more challenging work, and he is learning to self-advocate. This I find wonderful, as I had been worried that he wasn't the type to speak up for himself, but it didn't take very long for him to realize that it actually is a good thing.

Grinity Offline OP
    OP Offline
    Originally Posted by st pauli girl
    DS at first was happy to coast, but then realized that he really did need some more challenging work, and he is learning to self-advocate.

I am so glad to hear all this wonderful news! Parenting is scary at times and difficult at times, but we get to win, at least some of the time, for some of us. Yippee!

Hugs to all!

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com
    Grinity Offline OP
    OP Offline
    Hello Gifties
    Wow time flies. I am well, meditation is going well, my son is still in Engineering School and working hard and dreaming big. He is intrinsically motivated which delights me.

My son wants me to start a podcast interviewing parents of gifted kids. Is anyone down to be interviewed?

Love and more love
    Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com
    F
    F
    I am game. Not sure how much help I wold be but Ill give it a try!

welcome back!

Sheila

O
    O
    I'm game as well Grinity, both of my sons are in college now, the oldest working on a second degree after Physics and the youngest in his Freshman year of Computer Engineering study. It's been an interesting ride though the process of college, we've learned a lot as parents. PM me should you wish to interview me.

P
    P
    Hi Grinity.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 05/03/24 07:21 PM
    Technology may replace 40% of jobs in 15 years
    by brilliantcp - 05/02/24 05:17 PM
    NAGC Tip Sheets