Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: Grinity Hello from Grinity - 11/16/14 05:47 AM
Dear Ones,
I just came through some very 'interesting times' in my personal life and am taking a moment to visit you. I hope you are all well. My DS18 is a freshman in College, studying Engineering, and finally learning for the sake of learning.

What have you all been up to? If you have any Grinity-specific questions, put them right here and I will do my best.

Kisses and More kisses,
Grinity
Posted By: Nautigal Re: Hello from Grinity - 11/16/14 07:40 AM
Hey, welcome back! smile
Posted By: Loy58 Re: Hello from Grinity - 11/16/14 02:23 PM
Hi Grinity! Love reading your posts - so much wisdom!!! smile
Posted By: HowlerKarma Re: Hello from Grinity - 11/16/14 04:10 PM
Hi Grinity! It's great to see you. smile
Posted By: frannieandejsmom Re: Hello from Grinity - 11/16/14 04:30 PM
Hi Grinity!!

Welcome back! Great news about your son. I yearn for when the time comes that my son will tell me he is learning for the sake of learning. He wants so much more than he gets from school.

Sheila
Posted By: St. Margaret Re: Hello from Grinity - 11/16/14 10:07 PM
Hi, great to hear from you! I always loved your posts and wisdom you shared.
Posted By: puffin Re: Hello from Grinity - 11/16/14 11:33 PM
Hi. You don't know me but I have read your old posts.
Posted By: Grinity Re: Hello from Grinity - 11/17/14 02:16 AM
Hi All!
It's great to see the old names and the new ones. Part of the reason I posted was that I think of this place as home, a place to share my milestones.

In August I completed my 2 year program and I am a certified Instructor of Heart Rhythm Meditation. I am trying to develop enough interest to teach groups locally and online.

Last week, I completed my marriage dissolution. I had been with my X for 21 years when I separated about a year ago. It's probably way off topic, but I do think that gifted intensity, gifted perfectionism, and gifted idealism all played a role in my X and I wearing each other out and being willing to stay out of each other's way much too much.

Work is going well. All is well. I am so proud of all the parents here and everywhere who fight themselves and the world to get their children's needs met.

Love and More Love,
Grinity
Posted By: Madoosa Re: Hello from Grinity - 11/17/14 06:05 AM
Hi Grinity! Lovely to see you back again smile

Wonderful news about your son!

I'm sorry to hear about your marriage, I hope you are both able to find closure and peace with the process. *hugs*

I like that phrase :"All is well"
Posted By: RobotMom Re: Hello from Grinity - 11/17/14 06:16 AM
Hi Grinity,

Good to hear from you, glad life is going well for you and your son.
Posted By: KADmom Re: Hello from Grinity - 11/17/14 01:55 PM
Hello Grinity!

I appreciated all your past posts when I was trying to learn about our ds. So thank you!
Posted By: st pauli girl Re: Hello from Grinity - 11/17/14 08:19 PM
Hi Grinity! It is great to hear from you. Sounds like you and your son have handled big changes very well. I am glad to hear things are moving in a positive direction for both of you.

When I was more active on this forum (because I had so many questions!!), you were a huge support and voice of reason and experience. I appreciated your insight, and most of the time I agreed with you. smile You were also a wonderful mediator when there was dissent on the board, helping all of us to be civil and accepting of alternate viewpoints.

My DS is now 10 and in 6th grade. He is doing really well, grade-skipped once and subject accelerated in math. After having been at a really good-fit full-time GT program, DS wanted to try something different, so he's now in a new small and flexible school, but with no GT program. They seem willing to learn about GT and be flexible, so that is good. DS at first was happy to coast, but then realized that he really did need some more challenging work, and he is learning to self-advocate. This I find wonderful, as I had been worried that he wasn't the type to speak up for himself, but it didn't take very long for him to realize that it actually is a good thing.
Posted By: Grinity Re: Hello from Grinity - 11/19/14 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by st pauli girl
DS at first was happy to coast, but then realized that he really did need some more challenging work, and he is learning to self-advocate.

I am so glad to hear all this wonderful news! Parenting is scary at times and difficult at times, but we get to win, at least some of the time, for some of us. Yippee!

Hugs to all!
Posted By: Grinity Re: Hello from Grinity - 04/06/17 08:32 PM
Hello Gifties
Wow time flies. I am well, meditation is going well, my son is still in Engineering School and working hard and dreaming big. He is intrinsically motivated which delights me.

My son wants me to start a podcast interviewing parents of gifted kids. Is anyone down to be interviewed?

Love and more love
Grinity
Posted By: frannieandejsmom Re: Hello from Grinity - 04/06/17 09:00 PM
I am game. Not sure how much help I wold be but Ill give it a try!

welcome back!

Sheila
Posted By: Old Dad Re: Hello from Grinity - 04/06/17 09:06 PM
I'm game as well Grinity, both of my sons are in college now, the oldest working on a second degree after Physics and the youngest in his Freshman year of Computer Engineering study. It's been an interesting ride though the process of college, we've learned a lot as parents. PM me should you wish to interview me.
Posted By: puffin Re: Hello from Grinity - 04/07/17 07:48 AM
Hi Grinity.
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum