Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 372 guests, and 24 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Gingtto, SusanRoth
    11,429 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    M
    OP Offline
    M
    I've been scouring the internet searching for a way to convert my child's scaled WISC-V scores into a GAI [and others ... but let's not get greedy just yet wink ].

Can anyone help? Our tester will run all the analyses I request but is not able to do so as fast as I'd like. I'm impatient like that. blush

So ... can anyone point me in the right direction? I've got a lot of data [scaled and raw scores] beyond the FSIQ but would like to be able to work with the data to do my own analysis.

Also, any information on how the WISC-V scores translate into levels of giftedness would be appreciated. Hoagies' doesn't include the WISC-V on their breakdown of levels of giftedness so I'm reaching out to see if anyone has data [or educated opinions] that hasn't been widely disseminated yet [or I've somehow managed to miss in my own searches].

Any input is appreciated. Thank you.

P
    P
    I think it is proprietry information. AEH can do it but she seems fairly busy right now. Everyone seems to just be treating Wisc 5 the same as 4. Unless the scores are very near a border it shouldn't be a problem. I wish they would just do it by percentile.

Last edited by puffin; 12/06/16 12:13 PM.
    C
    C
    I believe you have to have the chart to determine GAI, which is proprietary as puffin says. If you know the total of similarities+vocab+block design+Matrix reasoning+figure weights, one of us might have a DC with a similar total and be able to guesstimate it for you based on ours.

A
    aeh Offline
    A
    MBM, do feel free to pm me. puffin has accurately deduced that my plate is fairly full at the moment (more so than usual!), but I'd be happy to take a look at your numbers--I just can't promise that I'll get back to you faster than your psych!

...pronounced like the long vowel and first letter of the alphabet...
    M
    OP Offline
    M
    Thank you smile

I'll take my chances and will message the numbers to you. Seriously, thank you!

P
    P
    I am also available to help if you'd like. PM me the scaled scores and I can let you know the GAI. Fortunately (or unfortunately?), I have copious amounts of free time. Or...procrastination-created time. Ha.

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 05/03/24 07:21 PM
    Technology may replace 40% of jobs in 15 years
    by brilliantcp - 05/02/24 05:17 PM
    NAGC Tip Sheets
    by indigo - 04/29/24 08:36 AM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by Wren - 04/29/24 03:43 AM
    Testing with accommodations