Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: MinuteByMinute WISC-V, GAI, and Levels of Giftedness - 12/06/16 05:40 PM
I've been scouring the internet searching for a way to convert my child's scaled WISC-V scores into a GAI [and others ... but let's not get greedy just yet wink ].

Can anyone help? Our tester will run all the analyses I request but is not able to do so as fast as I'd like. I'm impatient like that. blush

So ... can anyone point me in the right direction? I've got a lot of data [scaled and raw scores] beyond the FSIQ but would like to be able to work with the data to do my own analysis.

Also, any information on how the WISC-V scores translate into levels of giftedness would be appreciated. Hoagies' doesn't include the WISC-V on their breakdown of levels of giftedness so I'm reaching out to see if anyone has data [or educated opinions] that hasn't been widely disseminated yet [or I've somehow managed to miss in my own searches].

Any input is appreciated. Thank you.
Posted By: puffin Re: WISC-V, GAI, and Levels of Giftedness - 12/06/16 07:11 PM
I think it is proprietry information. AEH can do it but she seems fairly busy right now. Everyone seems to just be treating Wisc 5 the same as 4. Unless the scores are very near a border it shouldn't be a problem. I wish they would just do it by percentile.
Posted By: ChasingTwo Re: WISC-V, GAI, and Levels of Giftedness - 12/06/16 07:19 PM
I believe you have to have the chart to determine GAI, which is proprietary as puffin says. If you know the total of similarities+vocab+block design+Matrix reasoning+figure weights, one of us might have a DC with a similar total and be able to guesstimate it for you based on ours.
Posted By: aeh Re: WISC-V, GAI, and Levels of Giftedness - 12/06/16 07:28 PM
MBM, do feel free to pm me. puffin has accurately deduced that my plate is fairly full at the moment (more so than usual!), but I'd be happy to take a look at your numbers--I just can't promise that I'll get back to you faster than your psych!
Thank you smile

I'll take my chances and will message the numbers to you. Seriously, thank you!
Posted By: Priiak Re: WISC-V, GAI, and Levels of Giftedness - 12/06/16 10:36 PM
I am also available to help if you'd like. PM me the scaled scores and I can let you know the GAI. Fortunately (or unfortunately?), I have copious amounts of free time. Or...procrastination-created time. Ha.
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum