Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 257 guests, and 12 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Gingtto, SusanRoth
    11,429 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
    DS4 also loves how it's made (he sometimes asks for "how it's made or how it's made type shows"). But his absolute favorite kid show is scooby doo. He likes fetch with ruff ruffman too. I think I liked upside down show more than DS4 (except for the schmuzzies) - must be my loose screws!

Too bad all our kids are spread so far apart - seems like there could be a lot of good friendships among them. They certainly would have plenty to talk about.

I know!

(And BTW, I love the UD Show! I KNOW I have loose screws. crazy I think I also like WordGirl more than my kids do. I laugh out loud at every episode!)

Kriston
    S
    S
    Originally Posted by kimck
    As a summer project for DS7, we are going to build a time line and mark up a world map for all the world wonders, technologies, leaders, cities, from Civilization 4. Maybe build a mini reference.

I want to do that one too. But, what is Civilization 4? And, where will your time line start? Dinosaurs? 5000BC?

Mine loves RuffRuffman and has decided to be a contestant in 2 years.

Sorry, squirt. You came in mid-conversation there, through no fault of your own. blush

It's a video game I am utterly addicted to and cruelly recommended to others here. It's about building and defending and expanding the empire of your choice. It contains the potential for less warfare than most of those sorts of games if you want to go that route. As the war is my least favorite part of most video games but I love the building, it's by far my favorite video game and has been for nearly 20 years now!

Sad, really...

Kriston
    Belle, that is a HOOT!!

You guys should look up Tufte.

http://books.google.com/books?as_auth=Edward+R+Tufte

Kriston,

I just saw your post about Civilization 4. We love that game in our house!! DS8 has been addicted to it for nearly three years now. He gets so absorbed keeping track of all the cities and the projects that they are building. And I admit, it is fun to mount an attack on your neighboring countries (and learn when not to too!) and understand the art of negotiations, diplomacy, and alliances. It is great at explaining playground mentality when everyone unifies to block the aggressor! I happen to love Alpha Centauri more (which is very similar), but that is the Sci-Fi fan in me. How fun to find someone else who loves it!!

Mom to DS12 and DD3
    smile

The saddest part is that I've been playing for as long as I have and I still prefer the "Warlord" level the best. Shouldn't I be kicking rear on the really high-hard difficulty levels by now?

Ah, well...

Anyway, glad to have another fan around! wink

Kriston
    My DW got Age of Empires from someone.

She stayed up all night playing it.

I looked over at her when she started at 5pm and it was all stick figures making fire and building mud huts.

How quaint.

When I got up at 9am, she was maniacally laughing. She had these giant siege engines and was smashing little mud huts with them while switching around on the board so fast - fighting three other empires - with legions of siege engines!!!

Now I am afraid.

OK do this programs run on a Mac?

No idea. Sorry, Dazey. frown I'm a PC user, so that's all I know about.

Both AoE and Civ are pretty major games, so I'd bet there's a good chance there's a Mac version. But you'd have to google it to know for sure.

Kriston
    Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 05/03/24 07:21 PM
    Technology may replace 40% of jobs in 15 years
    by brilliantcp - 05/02/24 05:17 PM
    NAGC Tip Sheets
    by indigo - 04/29/24 08:36 AM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs