Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 145 guests, and 10 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    ddregpharmask, Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Harry Kevin
    11,431 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 1 of 2 1 2
    OP Offline
    My understanding of Davidson was it being geared toward EG/PG. I don't want to flood this forum with questions if there is a different place that would be better suited to my concerns. Any recs or are all levels of gifted questions encouraged here?

TIA!

Life is the hardest teacher. It gives the test first and then teaches the lesson.
    DYS the school/organization are specific in their desire to serve the EG/PG community. This forum, being freely available to all, does not appear to make such a distinction.

I thought my own DD was MG until I was told to update my definitions, but she's still not DYS material. I'm the kind of person who tests the social limits by crashing the party and hanging out until being asked to leave. I'm still here.

T
    T
    I'm no authority, but I feel like they are.

Nobody seems to get frustrated or bothered if people ask questions about levels of giftedness/gifted education other than EG/PG.

M
    M
    Displaced - feel free to post here about anything related to gifted education. Davidson Institute programs are geared toward profoundly gifted students, but this is a public forum for all topics of gifted education. Also feel free to check out the free Davidson Gifted Database of resources and articles: http://www.davidsongifted.org/db/

L
    L
    IMO, it is the first few years when your child is too young to be tested but you feel like they are gifted, is the time when most parents stumble upon this forum. So many of us don't exactly know how gifted our kids are. And this forum provides the much needed support structure we need. So I think it is completely okay to ask your questions here.

K
    K
    Welcome, Displaced! You're in the right place. smile

OP Offline
    Thanks so much everyone! Not only do I feel welcomed, I feel relief at having such a great resource at hand with such an active forum as well. Thanks to Mr. Dlugosz for the additional resources.

I'm anxiously looking forward to starting out this part of our lives.

Life is the hardest teacher. It gives the test first and then teaches the lesson.
    Displaced - I have yet to meet anyone on this board that is snooty about just how 'gifted' you need your kid(s) to be in order to participate. I think that you will find yourself very welcome here.

Become what you are
    C
    C
    Yes! In fact, I think Davidson says specifically that the forum is meant to help parents of of gifted children whether they qualify for Davidson or not.

Also keep in mind, that even Davidson accounts score scatter in their admittance criteria (scholars, institute). A PG math whiz may not be a PG or even HG reading/writing whiz.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    2e & long MAP testing
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:30 PM
    psat questions and some griping :)
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:21 PM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by mithawk - 05/13/24 06:50 PM
    For those interested in science...
    by indigo - 05/11/24 05:00 PM