Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 432 guests, and 12 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    ddregpharmask, Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Harry Kevin
    11,431 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
    N
    N
    Nope, theirs will be android. I wish it were that easy! We have to make everything difficult. laugh

M
    M
    we have the same problem ... times THREE ... Kindle Fire HD, Nook HD+ and now an iPad ... all three need separate purchases frown

M
    M
    Dragonbox is like Snap Circuit. It makes learning fun, so much so that I worry about how DD might react to traditional materials.

S
    S
    Originally Posted by GinaW
    If you have all apple devices, just link the new tablets to your itunes account. The boys' ipads are both on my account. When we get a new game, it shows up on all three ipads. If it's not appropriate for one of them (too easy, too hard, etc..) , I manually delete it from his ipad screen. But it's always there in my itunes account if I want to add it again.

What she said...we always know when someone buys a new app or gets a free one because we all get it. We are all under one iTunes account. Then like she said if we like it we keep it if not we delete it.

...reading is pleasure, not just something teachers make you do in school.~B. Cleary
    S
    S
    Hey so I bought dragon box 5 for my 4th grader but didn't tell him about it because I wanted to do it first. I finished it and see I will have to get the 12year old app also. My 13 year old currently taking algebra saw me playing and asked for a turn and his comments were priceless as he was doing it...

Isn't that a clever way of teaching it? And ....huh they will think they are playing but getting the basic thinking.

He was really making good observations and wants to do the whole thing and once he and his brother are done with this wants the 12 yo program too.

Can anyone tell me about the 12 app?

...reading is pleasure, not just something teachers make you do in school.~B. Cleary
    M
    Madoosa Offline OP
    OP Offline
    M
    Sweetie the 12+ app starts with a compressed "revision" of some of the original app levels. Then hey move on and it's a lot more of the actual Algebra - also introducing new concepts as you go etc. It's quite a bit trickier. It's great!

Mom to 3 gorgeous boys: Aiden (8), Nathan (7) and Dylan (4)
    N
    N
    It's funny, I thought the 12+ one had more of the "little kid fun" about it than the 5+ one -- there's more about feeding the dragon and making him grow, explaining that part, where the first one didn't really explain. DD7 didn't have any problem figuring out that the dragon was going to grow every few problems, though.

But the 12+ one is definitely trickier, as it moves along. I like them both!

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    2e & long MAP testing
    by spaghetti - 05/14/24 08:14 AM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by mithawk - 05/13/24 06:50 PM
    For those interested in science...
    by indigo - 05/11/24 05:00 PM
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 05/03/24 07:21 PM