Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    1 members (1 invisible), 384 guests, and 21 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Gingtto, SusanRoth, Ellajack57, emarvelous, Mary Logan
    11,426 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
    #174383 11/11/13 01:15 PM
    M
    Madoosa Offline OP
    OP Offline
    M
    Not sure if anyone is aware of this app yet. It's available on Istore and Google Play for PC/Mac/Android.

It's called Dragonbox. There are two - Dragonbox is for ages 5 - 12 and Dragonbox 2 is for 12+, although both my older two kids whipped through the first one in just over a week and are now cheerfully mid way through the second one.

It's algebra taught in picture format. I sure wish someone had explained Algebra to me this way! It's really inexpensive too - I recommend you check it out! I bet you all enjoy playing this addictive game too!

Mom to 3 gorgeous boys: Aiden (8), Nathan (7) and Dylan (4)
    M
    M
    does it make a difference if I get it for iPad or for Android? We're getting a used iPad later this week and already have an Android so not sure which one to get it for? Looks like a great app!

E
    E
    DD9 really enjoys Dragonbox.

D
    D
    uhhh, just got this for DD5 - seemed like it would be right up her street. HOLY CATS. she's a monster with it already - literally cackling away in her room right now.
    thanks, Madoosa!!

Every Sunday it brooded and lay on the floor. Inconveniently close to the drawing-room door.
    M
    Madoosa Offline OP
    OP Offline
    M
    laugh I am so glad she is enjoying it! It's such a great way to introduce Algebra and in such a fun way too.

LOL I insisted my kids finish every level with 3 stars before I would let them start Dragonbox 2... Just to stretch it to the max value.

D
    D
    ha, that is good, good advice. she generally eats concepts whole, so implementing that rule will give her some more practice on looking after the details!

thanks again; she's having the greatest time - there's a chorus of "the box stands alone" going on in there.

Every Sunday it brooded and lay on the floor. Inconveniently close to the drawing-room door.
    M
    M
    ok. I'm getting it right now! DS5 is playing with the Nook right now and he yelled "DOWNLOAD"! ... he noticed something new was downloading! lol

M
    Madoosa Offline OP
    OP Offline
    M
    I'm excited for your son Mk13 smile I bet he loves it!

doubtfulguest - how exciting is it? Have you watched her play yet? I promise you will want a go too smile (And you can because you have have your very own profile - it allows 4 profiles I think and saves the progress for all 4!)

D
    D
    ha - i was playing it to get a feel for it when she came in to see what was up. she ripped it out of my hands and played for two seconds in front of me before scampering off. i checked and it seems she's more than 1/2 done the entire game... we'll hide it from her till next week, i think - but i think i'll make my own profile - i do like to know what she's up to!

M
    Madoosa Offline OP
    OP Offline
    M
    LOL - the funniest is people's reactions when they realise my kids know Algebra... *mumble mumble hothousing*

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    NAGC Tip Sheets
    by indigo - 04/29/24 08:36 AM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by Wren - 04/29/24 03:43 AM
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 04/21/24 03:55 PM
    Testing with accommodations
    by blackcat - 04/17/24 08:15 AM