Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 398 guests, and 14 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Gingtto, SusanRoth, Ellajack57, emarvelous, Mary Logan
    11,426 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
    N
    N
    Yep, this is the best solution, and I constantly tell them to just put the cleats on. Glove, bats, sunglasses, mouth guard and face mask are in the softball bag (along with dirty socks and countless half finished Gatorades), which they do remember.

OP Offline
    Originally Posted by Nautigal
    We've been having some of this discussion in the 2E section, here:

http://giftedissues.davidsongifted..../Remembering_Assignments.html#Post171364

I bought the book recommended in the middle of that thread, and have been reading it -- I hope it provides some help. Mine is 11 and only has his head because it's screwed on really tightly. smile

I'm embarrassed to say I purchased that book earlier this year, yet only have read about one third of it. It's in my dresser drawer along with at least three other orphaned books. (My trouble-I get distracted by a new, shiny book and move on before I'm through with the first. Or second; or third...)

I will definitely get it back out! Thanks for the reminder-HA!

OP Offline
    As I read the comments, I recalled my son yelling for help in the tub last night. I was making dinner and couldn't leave the stove, but my husband went in to see him.

He came back out to report DS wanted help washing. He's entirely capable of doing that, at his age.

It occurred to us that DS is going through a stage of wanting to be babied and missing the close, one-on-one attention and help he used to get.

Perhaps his recent excessive "forgetfulness" is a reflection of that?

Today when I dropped DS off at school, I went in to talk to the teacher about the note, etc. She told me she got it and as for the reading minutes, no log had been requested of the children. Huh? I'm still at a loss as to why the minutes are even a category on the progress report, but if she's not worried, I'm not.

As for the communication folders mentioned, she had those for us, but they aren't always in DS' backpack. I think they spend some time on her desk getting stuffed with flyers and such. I couldn't send a note in that because it wasn't in the backpack that morning. *shrugs*

Oh, as a side note-I asked her about how the kids are notified they are to bring things home to complete, etc. She writes the instructions on the blackboard. She said not all the kids remember to look there. I would expect her to call the attention of the class to it and tell everyone to copy it down daily.

You can tell we are still trying to get a feel for the teaching style of this teacher. (And the overall culture of this school, to be frank.)

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  M-Moderator, Mark D. 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 04/21/24 03:55 PM
    Testing with accommodations
    by blackcat - 04/17/24 08:15 AM
    Jo Boaler and Gifted Students
    by thx1138 - 04/12/24 02:37 PM