Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 271 guests, and 11 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    ddregpharmask, Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Harry Kevin
    11,431 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    OP Offline
    We applied to the public gifted school for next year (DS will be in 2nd). They don't take private testing so all the out of district/private school kids who applied took the NNAT2 and OLSAT today (we are both out of district and in private school but our house is now under contract so we are moving regardless).

I did a little bit of prep with DS mostly to show him what kind of questions there would be so he wouldn't be surprised and distracted on test day. Otherwise, I didn't really do any intense work with him.

He told me he thought it went well as that he got at least 98% right LOL

We sent his private test scores as a supplement to his application but they aren't used to "identify" him, only the NNAT and OLSAT along with an application and teacher rec. I hope he wasn't too "creative" in his answers - I've heard that can happen.

I really think he will get in but I am concerned about his teacher's recommendation form (she gave it to me in an envelope but it wasn't sealed blush ) She mainly focused on the difficulties he has but this was before we uncovered the vision issues so I do feel like I have a legitimate appeals case if it comes to that.

Anyway, we have to wait until May to get a letter!

Mom to 2 kiddos - DS 9 with SPD and visual processing issues and DD 6 who is NT
    G
    G
    Good luck!

22B Offline
    Originally Posted by bronalex
    We sent his private test scores as a supplement to his application ...

I looked at the scores in your previous thread, and commented there. I notice many similarities to my 7yo son's scores, see here
    http://giftedissues.davidsongifted...._scattered_scores_Any_th.html#Post150672
    in particular, relatively lower scores in Comprehension, Picture concepts, Coding, Symbol search (but despite low PSI, still high fluency in WJ-III ach.). I'm not sure what it means either.

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    2e & long MAP testing
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:30 PM
    psat questions and some griping :)
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:21 PM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by mithawk - 05/13/24 06:50 PM
    For those interested in science...
    by indigo - 05/11/24 05:00 PM
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent