We applied to the public gifted school for next year (DS will be in 2nd). They don't take private testing so all the out of district/private school kids who applied took the NNAT2 and OLSAT today (we are both out of district and in private school but our house is now under contract so we are moving regardless).

I did a little bit of prep with DS mostly to show him what kind of questions there would be so he wouldn't be surprised and distracted on test day. Otherwise, I didn't really do any intense work with him.

He told me he thought it went well as that he got at least 98% right LOL

We sent his private test scores as a supplement to his application but they aren't used to "identify" him, only the NNAT and OLSAT along with an application and teacher rec. I hope he wasn't too "creative" in his answers - I've heard that can happen.

I really think he will get in but I am concerned about his teacher's recommendation form (she gave it to me in an envelope but it wasn't sealed blush ) She mainly focused on the difficulties he has but this was before we uncovered the vision issues so I do feel like I have a legitimate appeals case if it comes to that.

Anyway, we have to wait until May to get a letter!

Mom to 2 kiddos - DS 9 with SPD and visual processing issues and DD 6 who is NT