Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 135 guests, and 15 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    ddregpharmask, Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Harry Kevin
    11,431 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    A
    ABQMom Offline OP
    OP Offline
    A
    After the horrid experience we went through this past summer with a private practice neuropsychologist who basically decided our son was best fitted for manual labor (this is what he wrote in the report) based on scores of the testing he'd done, we are finally getting a new IQ test through the school. Late last year, I reached out to the Depart of Twice Exceptional (had no idea that we even had such a thing), and they have taken the lead in making sure the testing takes into account his learning disabilities and behavioral challenges.

In fact, the diagnostician they specified for testing is the same one I had talked to last summer before I found out our insurance wouldn't cover testing through her. She has experience with twice exceptional and called me for a lengthy conversation about our son's challenges, previous testing, strengths, etc. She said she received written recommendations from every one of his teachers sharing anecdotal evidence of his high IQ and all stated that the regular classroom was not the best fit for him.

He gets tested in just a few weeks, and we're all aware that he may still not score where we want him to given the scatter and the performance on testing in the past, but at least this will be a better chance.

Just doing a happy dance today and, since this isn't quite the thing you celebrate on Facebook or tell your friends who don't understand why it matters so much, thought I'd share the news with you all here!

K
    K
    So glad that you have been able to work this out and have gotten good cooperation from the depart of 2e and his teachers.

P
    P
    Great news! If this tester gets it hopefully you will get a lot of useful information besides IQ. Good job!

P
    P
    Wonderful news!!!

polarbear

A
    ABQMom Offline OP
    OP Offline
    A
    Thanks, you all. Yes, Pemberley, I'm hoping for some useful info. She is going to start with just the IQ and see how he does before she decides on any other testing.

D
    D
    ABQ, your persistence is an inspiration.

DeeDee

M
    M
    Wow, what great news!

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    2e & long MAP testing
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:30 PM
    psat questions and some griping :)
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:21 PM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs