Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 441 guests, and 9 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    ddregpharmask, Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Harry Kevin
    11,431 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 1 of 2 1 2
    A
    amylou Offline OP
    OP Offline
    A
    My kids took the SAT on Saturday, and of course I am now dying to know their scores. The College Board web site says they'll be posted on their site Dec. 20, but since we registered thru NUMATS, we assume we won't have access to the scores on the CB site - is that correct?

The follow up question for the experienced among you is then this: how long after they are released by the CB can we expect NUMATS to post them on the NUMATS Toolbox web site? Will they show up there before we get the mailed report?

Many thanks!

A
    amylou Offline OP
    OP Offline
    A
    Thank you so much, Dottie, for coming out of retirement to respond. Yes, both kids are under 13 yo. It honestly hadn't occurred to me to call CB directly to inquire - duh! This is a very helpful suggestion. I couldn't bear the thought of the scores being out there on the 20th, but with no way to access them.

Last edited by amylou; 12/03/12 11:37 AM.
    J
    J
    Dottie, thank you for the info, as well. My DS2 took the Nov 3 SAT for CTY and I couldn't access the scores on the College Board account I set up for him (he was under 13 at the time of test-taking). I called CB and the rep was nice, walking me thru the required account updates so I could access the scores. However, he would not give me the scores over the phone unless I paid the fee - which I didn't want to do. Got the scores via CB account in the end, but wish I would have known that CB isn't supposed to charge a fee when the student is under 13 at the time of test-taking.

F
    F
    for a minute I thought Dottie was giving her phone number and the times were when the Dottie advise hotline was open for biz!

Miss you Dottie!

Last edited by frannieandejsmom; 12/03/12 05:42 PM.
    N
    N
    kcab if you are waiting for the 2012 PSAT results, I understand that the scores have been mailed to the schools. The school should have the scores sometime this week. Now, when do they release the scores to the kids - that is a completely different question, and that is up to the school. Some schools may hand them out this week, while others wait until after winter break.

J
    J
    Wow, great info on this thread! I also have a DS1 (10th grade) who took a Practice PSAT at his high school in Oct, along with the 11th graders. I had no idea when his test scores would come back, so at least this gives me an idea that the scores are being sent to the schools. Thanks for all the useful info tonight!

K
    K
    Anyone have any ideas how long it will be before we get EXPLORE results? We also took the early Nov date and I'm going crazy waiting!

more than 6 weeks for EXPLORE. No on-line access frown

K
    K
    Got the EXPLORE results today FYI

A
    amylou Offline OP
    OP Offline
    A
    Originally Posted by Dottie
    You should have access to them on the CB website on the 20th, if you've made an account beforehand. If your child is under 13, call...they should share them free of charge. The analysis from your talent search will come much later.

Thanks again for the advice, Dottie. I called the CB this morning, and they gave me my kids' scores over the phone for no charge. The scores provide good guidance for which areas to focus advocating efforts.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    2e & long MAP testing
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:30 PM
    psat questions and some griping :)
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:21 PM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by mithawk - 05/13/24 06:50 PM
    For those interested in science...
    by indigo - 05/11/24 05:00 PM