Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: amylou NUMATS/SAT: How long before scores posted? - 12/03/12 04:25 PM
My kids took the SAT on Saturday, and of course I am now dying to know their scores. The College Board web site says they'll be posted on their site Dec. 20, but since we registered thru NUMATS, we assume we won't have access to the scores on the CB site - is that correct?

The follow up question for the experienced among you is then this: how long after they are released by the CB can we expect NUMATS to post them on the NUMATS Toolbox web site? Will they show up there before we get the mailed report?

Many thanks!
Thank you so much, Dottie, for coming out of retirement to respond. Yes, both kids are under 13 yo. It honestly hadn't occurred to me to call CB directly to inquire - duh! This is a very helpful suggestion. I couldn't bear the thought of the scores being out there on the 20th, but with no way to access them.
Posted By: Jewel Re: NUMATS/SAT: How long before scores posted? - 12/04/12 12:27 AM
Dottie, thank you for the info, as well. My DS2 took the Nov 3 SAT for CTY and I couldn't access the scores on the College Board account I set up for him (he was under 13 at the time of test-taking). I called CB and the rep was nice, walking me thru the required account updates so I could access the scores. However, he would not give me the scores over the phone unless I paid the fee - which I didn't want to do. Got the scores via CB account in the end, but wish I would have known that CB isn't supposed to charge a fee when the student is under 13 at the time of test-taking.
for a minute I thought Dottie was giving her phone number and the times were when the Dottie advise hotline was open for biz!

Miss you Dottie!
kcab if you are waiting for the 2012 PSAT results, I understand that the scores have been mailed to the schools. The school should have the scores sometime this week. Now, when do they release the scores to the kids - that is a completely different question, and that is up to the school. Some schools may hand them out this week, while others wait until after winter break.
Posted By: Jewel Re: NUMATS/SAT: How long before scores posted? - 12/04/12 02:35 AM
Wow, great info on this thread! I also have a DS1 (10th grade) who took a Practice PSAT at his high school in Oct, along with the 11th graders. I had no idea when his test scores would come back, so at least this gives me an idea that the scores are being sent to the schools. Thanks for all the useful info tonight!
Anyone have any ideas how long it will be before we get EXPLORE results? We also took the early Nov date and I'm going crazy waiting!
Posted By: erich Re: NUMATS/SAT: How long before scores posted? - 12/12/12 05:43 PM
more than 6 weeks for EXPLORE. No on-line access frown
Got the EXPLORE results today FYI
Originally Posted by Dottie
You should have access to them on the CB website on the 20th, if you've made an account beforehand. If your child is under 13, call...they should share them free of charge. The analysis from your talent search will come much later.

Thanks again for the advice, Dottie. I called the CB this morning, and they gave me my kids' scores over the phone for no charge. The scores provide good guidance for which areas to focus advocating efforts.
Now that we have them, how are we supposed to know whether they did well or not? Because when I see my daughter scored 71 total, I'm happy that she was only a few points off qualifying for an award, but when I look at numbers like 14 out of 25 that doesn't sound so good, if you get what I mean.
Posted By: erich Re: NUMATS/SAT: How long before scores posted? - 12/20/12 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by kikiandkyle
Now that we have them, how are we supposed to know whether they did well or not? Because when I see my daughter scored 71 total, I'm happy that she was only a few points off qualifying for an award, but when I look at numbers like 14 out of 25 that doesn't sound so good, if you get what I mean.
Depends on the grade level and current year competition intensity.
Grade 3 around 70-80
Grade 4 around 80-86
Grade 5 around 86-92
Grade 6 around 92-96

National average for 8th graders for any of the subjects is below 13, so you should be proud of your kid.
I am very proud! Hopefully we can get somewhere with her school now (not holding my breath).
Posted By: erich Re: NUMATS/SAT: How long before scores posted? - 12/20/12 09:54 PM
NUMATS award winners will be announced in late April to early May. Hold your breath for that if you like.
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum