Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 356 guests, and 13 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Gingtto, SusanRoth
    11,429 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    #133760 07/11/12 07:35 AM
    K
    OP Offline
    K
    Wow! I know many of you have your kids in an environment where they're with gifted kids in school, but mine goes to a regular public school. Right now, he's in a summer camp for gifted kids for the first time and he LOVES it! He's made friends with a little girl his age (6-years-old) and they're having a blast together in classes. Yesterday he had the other 5 kids in his class playing "zombie baby day care" (Don't ask!) and he thought it was wonderful that the teacher let him "direct" their play. (It's a storytelling class.) The teachers say the other kids love him and go right along with his crazy ideas.

Most of the other kids in his classes go to a school for gifted kids. They all seem to know each other, but they accepted my son right into the fold. What a fantastic experience for him to be in class with kids his own age playing 6-year-old games.

I'm so grateful!

LOL... my DD7 has a 10yo gifted friend who comes over with her 7up sister, and my DW and I love listening to what they're playing sometimes. One particular game keeps catching our attention because there's lots of yelling, and we stop by to check if everything is okay. "We're fine, we're just playing ______ Momma," where the blank has evolved from Crazy, to Abusive, to Violent. I'm not sure where they're going next, but I suppose Zombie is a logical step.

DD has declared an upcoming "Crazy Voice Weekend," with a Star Wars theme on Saturday, and a Harry Potter theme on Sunday. The plan is for everyone to do everything in a character voice all day long... though I'm not sure DD can sustain her Chewbacca voice over an entire day.

K
    OP Offline
    K
    Dude...That happens to us all the time! LOL

Scenario: We hear screaming and banging coming from the other room. We go to check on them and ask if everything's okay. They look at us like we're the ones creating the raucous and say, "We're fine. We're just playing."

I love the "Crazy Voice Weekend" idea! That's excellent!

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 05/03/24 07:21 PM
    Technology may replace 40% of jobs in 15 years
    by brilliantcp - 05/02/24 05:17 PM
    NAGC Tip Sheets
    by indigo - 04/29/24 08:36 AM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by Wren - 04/29/24 03:43 AM
    Testing with accommodations