Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 460 guests, and 18 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Gingtto, SusanRoth, Ellajack57, emarvelous, Mary Logan
    11,426 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    A
    OP Offline
    A
    my kiddo is taking the Explore test next month and i have to drive about an hour and a half to get there. Didn't realize the test is at 8am!!! So, i'm worried he's going to be exhausted! Anyone have experience with this in the past? We were lucky that we could take the SCAT locally (he got high honors on both parts). The only reason we are doing it is he loves testing and it's near my cousin's house so we figured we could visit after and the kids could play. Also, he may skip a year of science so i was curious about how well he'd handle that part of the test. What do you think? I am worried the drive and early time will have an impact on performance. DS is 10.5, DYS, goes to a 1 yr + accelerated gifted school. I am going to tell him about it when he gets home from school and see how he feels about it. Thanks!

J
    J
    Can you just stay overnight at the cousin's house, which is near the testing center?
    My son took the SCAT test. If it's like EXPLORE, it's worth explaining to your child what the test will be like- my son took the test in a "spinny chair" with wheels. He did well but if we ever do that again, I will ask the testing center to provide one without wheels since he distracted himself and others

A
    OP Offline
    A
    Yes, i thought of staying overnight after I posted. I may do a motel though because the kids would be up ALL night! lol They have too much fun over there. The SCAT was short and easy for DS and the chair wasn't a problem. He has a chair like that in his room laugh

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 04/21/24 03:55 PM
    Testing with accommodations
    by blackcat - 04/17/24 08:15 AM
    Jo Boaler and Gifted Students
    by thx1138 - 04/12/24 02:37 PM