Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: AntsyPants Early morning Explore test: Help! - 01/19/12 02:51 PM
my kiddo is taking the Explore test next month and i have to drive about an hour and a half to get there. Didn't realize the test is at 8am!!! So, i'm worried he's going to be exhausted! Anyone have experience with this in the past? We were lucky that we could take the SCAT locally (he got high honors on both parts). The only reason we are doing it is he loves testing and it's near my cousin's house so we figured we could visit after and the kids could play. Also, he may skip a year of science so i was curious about how well he'd handle that part of the test. What do you think? I am worried the drive and early time will have an impact on performance. DS is 10.5, DYS, goes to a 1 yr + accelerated gifted school. I am going to tell him about it when he gets home from school and see how he feels about it. Thanks!
Posted By: jack'smom Re: Early morning Explore test: Help! - 01/19/12 03:04 PM
Can you just stay overnight at the cousin's house, which is near the testing center?
My son took the SCAT test. If it's like EXPLORE, it's worth explaining to your child what the test will be like- my son took the test in a "spinny chair" with wheels. He did well but if we ever do that again, I will ask the testing center to provide one without wheels since he distracted himself and others
Posted By: AntsyPants Re: Early morning Explore test: Help! - 01/19/12 04:01 PM
Yes, i thought of staying overnight after I posted. I may do a motel though because the kids would be up ALL night! lol They have too much fun over there. The SCAT was short and easy for DS and the chair wasn't a problem. He has a chair like that in his room laugh
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum