Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 292 guests, and 25 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    ddregpharmask, Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Harry Kevin
    11,431 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12
    Originally Posted by islandofapples
    Babyhood went way.too.fast. Seriously. I feel like I had a baby for 3 months. Part of me likes her quick independence, but a part of me is pretty sad. She is still nursing, though, so I'm glad we still have that. wink

LOL.

Mr W was only an infant for 4 months - and after being born premature to boot.

He is 3y10m now and spends hours learning "big words" - ie capture, embarass, cacophony, and playing the SET game.

One day he is a little boy and the next he is a little man. And sometimes tells us he wishes he could just be a little boy. He has recently asked about death and told us he never wants us to leave him.

The hardest part for me when I was a bit older than him was realizing how powerless I was and how much I needed my parents and how fragile they and life were. It was terrifying. This may be the hardest part of being precocious.

And its hard to watch him realize this, too, so young. There is nothing I can do to shield him from these emotions or his mind in grasping reality.

Last edited by Austin; 11/14/11 09:47 PM.
    Dottie #118512 12/19/11 09:41 PM
    S
    S
    Originally Posted by Dottie
    Hmmm, so if your MIL called your baby freaky and said she looks like an old person, could that be alertness?

When he was about 2 months old, several people mentioned to me that my son (now 2 yrs) didn't have a baby's face but looked like an old man. We've called him "little man" almost since birth. He refers to himself as Mr.(his name) when playing. I was recently looking back at his baby pictures, and alert is definitely one of the ways I'd describe him.

Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    2e & long MAP testing
    by millersb02 - 05/10/24 07:34 AM
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 05/03/24 07:21 PM
    Technology may replace 40% of jobs in 15 years
    by brilliantcp - 05/02/24 05:17 PM
    NAGC Tip Sheets
    by indigo - 04/29/24 08:36 AM