Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 262 guests, and 31 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Gingtto, SusanRoth
    11,429 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
    deacongirl #115770 11/08/11 09:01 AM
    D
    OP Offline
    D
    Bumping as Atlanta is once again looking likely. Anyone with info. on specific East Cobb schools would love your feedback! I am interested in feeder schools to Walton/Pope/Lassiter.
    dd11 5th grade MG-HG (Need to have her re-tested to qualify for services) Loves violin and I am thinking Mabry might have the best orchestra program? She is not as into science as english/art/history.
    ds8 Down syndrome--until now fully included with typical peers and 1:1 aide in Montessori--I would not want him in self-contained class--he would prob. be placed in 2nd grade
    dd4 some sort of gifted--I suspect at least HG--major psychomotor OE (possibly ADHD but I really don't think so) NOT a people pleaser if she is bored(well more with teachers than Mom, lol!) and would prob. really love the science lab at Tritt. Also--Asian, so for her at least in terms of having other Asian girls in her class (the complete absence of which has been tough for her), it seems the feeders to Walton would meet that need...but is that school too competitive?

Any info. would be great!
    Thanks!

deacongirl #116034 11/10/11 10:52 PM
    B
    B
    I have to second someone suggestion of Woodward....I lived and grew up in Atlanta and attended Woodward Academy for most of my schooling....my memories of Woodward and the education I got there were the most amazing years of my life and I actually learned more there then then I did in college. The quality of the classes I took were unreal and small and the sports/arts programs are like nothing I have ever seen in any other school. Amazing school

Belle #116052 11/11/11 09:32 AM
    D
    OP Offline
    D
    I know Atlanta has some great private schools. If we won the lottery I think Paideia would be our choice. But, private schools aren't in the picture for us going forward. Thanks for the feedback though!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 05/03/24 07:21 PM
    Technology may replace 40% of jobs in 15 years
    by brilliantcp - 05/02/24 05:17 PM
    NAGC Tip Sheets
    by indigo - 04/29/24 08:36 AM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by Wren - 04/29/24 03:43 AM