Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 294 guests, and 16 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Gingtto, SusanRoth
    11,429 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Y
    yannam Offline OP
    OP Offline
    Y
    my DD is working on punctuation and capitalization lesons. Unforunately I could not find any online lessons free at 2nd and 3rd grade level to do some practice exercises. Any suggestions? I am willing to register for any online courses if they are not too expensive..

I was looking for EPGY english courses in open enrollment, could not find any,any info in that also is highly appreciated.
    Anybody has experience in EPGY english?

thanks

T
    T
    My DD8 is currently doing EPGY Language Arts and Writing under open enrollment. We began at grade level 3.5 in June and we have taken a three week break at grade level 6.0 in September due to school work load. EPGY does go over punctuation and capitalization in those specific lessons, but a lot of the comprehenstion question answers do not use punctuation or capitalization (all lower case letter words and no punctuation required). The cost for open enrollment was about $160 for Math, Languages Arts and Writing, and Algebra and runs from June to February.

There are various workbooks available through teacher supply stores or online sources if you are just looking for punctuation and capitalization lessons.

My DD's school does "Daily Language Review" published by Evan-Moor which is pretty well rounded and gives short daily lessons and is available for each grade. That might be worth looking into. You can purchase ebooks online, download, and print worksheets or just buy the workbook.

Good luck!

Moderated by  M-Moderator, Mark D. 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 05/03/24 07:21 PM
    Technology may replace 40% of jobs in 15 years
    by brilliantcp - 05/02/24 05:17 PM
    NAGC Tip Sheets
    by indigo - 04/29/24 08:36 AM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by Wren - 04/29/24 03:43 AM