Gifted Issues Discussion homepage
Posted By: yannam punctuation and capitalization rules - 09/11/11 09:19 PM
my DD is working on punctuation and capitalization lesons. Unforunately I could not find any online lessons free at 2nd and 3rd grade level to do some practice exercises. Any suggestions? I am willing to register for any online courses if they are not too expensive..

I was looking for EPGY english courses in open enrollment, could not find any,any info in that also is highly appreciated.
Anybody has experience in EPGY english?

thanks
Posted By: TX G Mom Re: punctuation and capitalization rules - 09/11/11 09:46 PM
My DD8 is currently doing EPGY Language Arts and Writing under open enrollment. We began at grade level 3.5 in June and we have taken a three week break at grade level 6.0 in September due to school work load. EPGY does go over punctuation and capitalization in those specific lessons, but a lot of the comprehenstion question answers do not use punctuation or capitalization (all lower case letter words and no punctuation required). The cost for open enrollment was about $160 for Math, Languages Arts and Writing, and Algebra and runs from June to February.

There are various workbooks available through teacher supply stores or online sources if you are just looking for punctuation and capitalization lessons.

My DD's school does "Daily Language Review" published by Evan-Moor which is pretty well rounded and gives short daily lessons and is available for each grade. That might be worth looking into. You can purchase ebooks online, download, and print worksheets or just buy the workbook.

Good luck!
© Gifted Issues Discussion Forum