Thanks so much for the feed back. I've been going back to various emails that I have exchanged with the teacher in an attempt to document her impressions throughout the year. I thought it might be helpful to remind her where we've been. I also have called the principal who also is our school's 504 coordinator and plan to send an email to next year's teacher about joining the process.

The ed psych who did DD's IQ and achievement testing in first grade is not a particularly good advocate in meetings. I'm reluctant to pay her to come along since she wasn't particularly helpful last time.

I'm not sure what to do about extra testing. Quite frankly our data is weak. DD's reading evals from school all show her as at or above grade level. We had an assessment done a Lindamood Bell at the psych's recommendation and the results were all in the 50th to 80th percentile except spelling which is consistently low. These results are much lower than IQ would predict but nothing that causes the school concern.

I got the 504 because I had the diagnosis from the ed psych and last year's teacher supported it based on her classroom experiences particularly with writing.