HowlerKarma, I generally agree, but I think mich's statement is also accurate, that the teacher's input can be considered when determining the extent of a current disability; the entitlement to reasonable accommodations doesn't just depend on having a condition or diagnosis, but also on the impact to a student's learning and life. The effect of the teacher's statements here seems to be to up the ante on documentation required for the next go-round. The teacher is free to make her recommendation on whether to continue accommodations, based on her perception of just how slow the OP's DD is writing lately, etc., just as the OP is free to counter that the teacher is not qualified to make a diagnosis. If serious questions are raised as to entitlement, it may be necessary to dig in to details of how LDs can cause spotty performance, etc. The teacher is throwing a monkey wrench into things for sure, but it will hopefully not derail the, um, monkey train of reasonable accommodations.

Here's a decent quick overview of the Section 504 definition of a disability:
http://learningdisabilities.about.com/od/df/g/disability504.htm

I also agree that the teacher may be motivated by good intentions, and it sounds like a great idea to have the new, positive teacher along.

Striving to increase my rate of flow, and fight forum gloopiness. sick