Originally Posted by erich
Anyone know the info about the NUMATS award ceremony? I promised my ds8 that he has a chance to get a medal. His composite score is 99.7%. The total score (E+R+M+S) is 80. He would make it cutoff for last year's award ceremony. But it seems like no award for 3rd graders. What a disappointment.

We are in a similar situation. DD is doing a "provisional" grade skip for the rest of the school year that started after I had already registered her for the Explore test. She scored high enough to qualify for the 4th grade award ceremony, but is still registered as 3rd grader with Numats and with her school. I did call Numats about the issue before the test and they said it would be better for her to stay registered for the Explore as a 3rd grader. I guess I could call them back and see if she could get her grade level altered, but I do think there is a high probability that her school is not going to allow her to move to 5th grade next year. I've heard there can be issues with undoing grade skips and talent searches like Explore and National Spelling Bee. Hopefully, she'll qualify again next year for the Numats award ceremony. Its the effort, not the award, that matters most, right?

Warning: sleep deprived