DS8 received his results from Belin Blank. He has done very well given that he was ill that week. We are proud and happy but also suprised that he did so much better in the language arts and reading portions than in math. He is by his choice highly accelerated in math so it was indeed surprising but I guess it also makes sense: my theory is that he missed out questions (he mentioned he had) and since he does not like computation and timed tests and also refused to use the calculator, it all adds up. I'm guessing this is something time and patience will help with and am hoping I am not wrong. He is only in third grade after all.

He qualifies for DYS (even with the lower math score) so we are going to try to apply with the EXPLORE result and a portfolio and keep fingers tightly crossed that they won't need IQ results because we don't plan to have him assessed. Whether or not he's PG will probably always remain a question mark to me and I think I'm okay with that now.

I wanted to send my congrats to all your amazing kids for doing the test. It couldn't have been easy despite their obvious smarts...awesome job and I can clearly see the amazing support from parents as well. Very proud to be a part of this forum. And thanks so much to everyone who answered one question or other from this always-anxious mom.