Wow wolfson! (((((BIG HUGS))))) I think you need it. You really don't sound like you have many options and that gifted school sounds awful! How is your DD doing in that school? Does she like it? Even if it is a good fit for her it might not be the best place for your son.

We have a gifted school here but I see it as my last resort. My DD goes to a Spanish Immersion program which is academically 2 years ahead of public schools. We have signed her up for Kindergarten for this next year but my husband is still very hesitant about if the school will continue to challenge her since her challenge has been the foreign language component and that is no longer a challenge. He wants us to look into the catholic school but I just hate the thought of losing foreign language. I'm thankful that we do have some options but even here we are limited due to DD's LOG.

I really hope you can find another option for your son and I second the idea of homeschooling if this is even a possibility for you. I would prefer that option over huge public school classrooms or repeating kindergarten in private plus you can take the money you were planning on using to pay his private tuition and hire tutors and/or mentors for him. Homeschooling doesn't necessarily mean you have to be the one teaching him. Just a thought.