Hi Grinity,

I am mostly trying to understand what is making raising her so challenging. As I have said so many times you probably know it by heart: she is very intense, needs to touch everything, can be controlling, has ceaseless energy and cannot stop talking, needs nearly constant interaction, is emotionally hypersensive, impulsive and so on and so forth. She is silly so much, but then says things that stop me in my tracks.
She is getting OT for "sensory seeking" and it may be helping, but it is still hard to be on the receiving end of all her talking, wiggling, singing, and intensity. It is like she is getting electrical shocks of excitement a lot too. She has matured a ton in the last year or year and a half. Things are much better so there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
We finally contacted someone who is going to do a full eval. The psychologist met with her once and did some autism spectrum type tests. From that one meeting and viewing videotape, she was not learning towards that diagnosis. My DD can also look a little ADHD at times, so I guess I would say we are trying to determine if there is anything "extra" going on besides being cognitively advanced. I say cognitively advanced, because I still can't quite bring myself to say she is gifted yet even though she clearly appears to be. The evaluator is already calling her gifted and wants to do cognitive testing soon. That wasn't my reason for contacting her.
If she has any issues next year in K, I am hoping that testing might help us in one way or another, and help me make sense of my lovely, but challenging child.

Last edited by TwinkleToes; 03/26/11 09:13 AM.