Hi there, thank-you for the book recommendation. We don't have it anywhere in town. I was looking through it on Amazon, the few pages they allow... I have tried the noticing the positive things that she is doing and she immediately stops doing the thing and goes for the negative. She has done that since she was really little, almost as though positive is to much for her to take. The contrary behavior is almost like a drive and it has been there since the moment she could propel herself and hence do what was not suppose to be done. I am still contemplating buying it from Amazon and wondering if the book is worth it also? Since if I get both I do not have to pay shipping. I am much more astounded by the drive than what it actually is, if that makes any sense. Since she was little I have "ignored" improper behavior even risky dangerous behavior due to the fact that if we called attention to it possibly being something that she could be contrary about we had a much bigger battle and one that could be more dangerous in the long run. My other child, I did not even have to put the locks on the cabinets. I told her to stay out and that was that. Our house is a fortress in comparison. Who knew they could be so different!