Thanks, she tested 141 on the SB5. She is in year 5 but doing year 8 math through distance education and online. She has no reason to have low academic self esteem as she is the top student in math and reading.

Is this perfectionism? She is beyond the cluster group. Next year up is same school, new building. One HG girl in cluster she likes.

DD is not keen to skip. She wants to belong in her age group peer group. Says she wants to be with kids her own age.

Don't think there is bullying involved. She is liked by everyone, kind and gentle. Even befriended downes syndrome girl in the class.

This lack of academic and social self esteem seems to be baseless to anyone but her. Is she realizing she is different? Will she start to underachieve to fit in?

Writing is her "weakness" and she describes herself as "terrible" at it. Yet I know she is one of the best writers in the class, just not so far beyond like she is in math.

My gut feeling is it is time to skip, but how do I convince her? Principal has said she can skip at any time.

Am meeting in 1 week with teacher, as gifted co ordinator away ATM, and I want her present. I also want to know what it is I want for DD.

I don't want daughter saying there is nothing good about her, nothing to like, and nothing to look forward to in the future! She even said she has noticed her "lifeline " on her palm is cut short, which concerns her . The troubles of the world concern her.

What to do?

Steph
Steph