My daughter also had a skip this year. She still is friends with the kids from the last 3 years, but has made new friends. If she was qualified for a skip (and I am totally at a loss on why they would allow that but not be in GT. Something is WRONG there... BIG TIME!) Anyhow, I think that you should explain to her that she can have many groups of different friends. I think it is important to keep her challenged. I don' t think moving her back so that she could be with her old friends is an ideal solution. This may even lead to bigger problems down the road, such as severe underachievement, tuning out, losing interest in anything academic etc. Try to get her more involved with her friends from the 5th grade so that she feels that same bond. I know, it's hard, my DD came in after these kids had been together for years as well, and many friendships were already formed. If your DD was having a hard time with the work also, then I'd be more likely to say maybe she wasn't ready for the skip. Was she against the skip in the first place?