Another helpful technique in negotiating IEP interventions or 504 accommodations is to have an undisputed expert pronounce YOU "expert" in the management of your child's particular disability.

If they'll say that in writing-- specifically using that kind of verbiage, I mean--

...I consider {parents} to be experts in the management of {child's name}'s {disability}.

IF you can get that, then that makes YOU part of the "expert" input that must go into a 504 plan or IEP from a procedural standpoint. The school would be very foolish to NOT consider what you have to say in light of such a written statement.

It also means that most communication with your own physicians happens WITH YOU IN THE LOOP.

It really sounds as though you have very good reasons to believe that some form of acceleration is truly necessary if your son is to transition well. Trust that instinct!

Oh, and about printing things from the internet?

Generally, no. On the other hand, "official" guidance, medical organizations' "best practices" and/or things from, say, The Department of Education's Office of Civil Rights?

Oh, heck yeah to that. That's just good advocacy. (I handed my DD's school a copy of the ADAA and even read pertinent sections to them in a particularly tense meeting once. I should be blushing, but hey... it made my point.)

ETA: general note of interest to ANYONE with a 2e child-- WrightsLaw is-- amazing.

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.