Thank you so much for the replies to my post! Here is the info on his WISC-IV report, if that is helpful:
Similarities - 16
Vocab - 19
Comprehension - 17
VCI - 144, 99.8% rank

Block Design - 12
Picture Concept - 12
Matrix Reasoning - 14
PRI 117, 87% rank

GAI - 134, 99% rank

So if his GAI is really 136, Dottie, then that would be great news. I'll have to try to figure out how you arrived at that. In seeing these subtest scores, do you still calculate 136?

I must admit that I was not focused on his scores aside from the fact that he could do the GT program and he has been so happy with it. I only revisited all this when I learned that our district may increase entry score beyond his level. Now I have much to learn & some decisions to make. He is such a happy person now and we'd like to keep it that way.

Whatever his VCI is, he won't be in the program if he doesn't meet the overall cut-off. And, generally, I get the impression that we are on the "outs" for pushing (however politely) to have him tested in the first place. We had to go to our district level before it happened, though we did go thru the proper channels for this. It took almost the entire school year to obtain approval for testing.

Dottie, we are in the Kansas City, KS area, USA.
Aculady, I had never really considered DS to have an LD, but that is food-for-thought. He does well at anything he undertakes and never has had any problems in the academic area of his school career - he was at the top of his class, even with the grade skip, but I may ask about that. I'm clearly not assertive enough in advocating for my kids, as I have learned through this experience frown

Again, my thanks for your time!