I was just talking to my friend about how none of my kids really likes to play with toys, per se. Take, for instance, my DS7. He loves to play outside, he likes to stack things (anything and everything), he likes to read, he likes to play soccer, and he likes to play video games. He also really likes to sing to his new iPod. He likes building lego projects, but once he's done he doesn't actually play with them. He has plenty of toys, but most he virtually never plays with. For Christmas and his birthday he asked for a quilt/pillow, a diary with a key, a lego set, a feather pen, a Yoda pillow, and some fuzzy pajama pants.

Does he like to play outside? What about sodoku or word search or picture find books? What about a sketch pad or diary for him to draw in? What about paper-airplane kits? Kidzui as an internet browser that keeps kids on kid-friendly sites, so that might be an option. What about a camera? What about those premade wooden castles and treasure chests that he could paint and decorate? How about building a fort with blankets and chairs and boxes? Don't know if any of these are helpful suggestions or not. But, I hope it helps!

Oh, and there are a lot of really fun, mentally challenging games for the DS, like the Professor Layton series, Clue, Club House Games, Brain Age, Sodoku Ball Detective, Nancy Drew, etc.

She thought she could, so she did.