If no standardized testing is used then I can't see how this evaluation would ever take more than 10 visits. But if it was going to take 10 visits, I would definitely want some part of those 10 visits to include some standardized testing.

We had to pay all out of pocket for our son, and this is because we weren't ruling out any diagnosis and didn't have any behavior concerns really. If we had said we saw symptoms it probably would have been free or significantly less. Instead it was a set amount in advance that covered: SB5, WIAT, Torrance creativity, and something else that I can't remember so must not have been that important. It also included a school observation and the psychologist attending a school meeting (which we saved until school started the next year). The testing itself was broken up into 4-5 mornings maybe a couple hours each morning. I realize that she had to spend more time writing up the report and everything...but I didn't think doctors bill for the time it takes them to do paperwork. Anyhow, I would really check into what you are getting from all of this. Maybe a breakdown of sessions and why it is going to take so many (and what she is doing each session). This may help you to decide parts of testing that are not as important to you and help prioritize how the 10 visits should be spent. If it's just a r/o of a PDD and/or adhd and cognitive testing that you are looking for I think that could be done in 10 visits. Of course I am a therapist, not a doctor. Good luck!