"The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself."

Anna Quindler

Hi pinkpanther,

Make sure the problems are just the right level of difficulty (hard enough to make her struggle a bit but not too hard so that eventually she will be able to solve). Praise her on the process (trying to solve the problem vs actually solving it).

Remind her that some of the problems will be too hard and it is ok to ask for help. I keep reminding my dd that "hard" math problems excercise her brain so that every day she can do a bit more complex math.

It has always helped to remind her that when she started TKD as a white belt there were a lot of things she could not do, but as she practiced she could do more difficult things, but even then, there are still things she needs to work on before she will be able to do them. I tell her that Math is the same. There are many things she can do today that she could not do last year and next year she will be able to do even more. You can use anything she has been working on for a while (music, sports, etc)

Clarify to her that you do not expect her to know everything!!

But the key thing you can do is to make sure the difficulty level is just right!!