My daughter's sub-test scores for VCI and PRI were very similar, but she had a much wider spread between those and the working memory/processing scores, so we were given similar advice and hired an OT to work on dysgraphia. It was a mixed experience, and over the two years since the testing we've seen her "even out" in a number of ways (she's now 9.5), especially after a year of homeschooling gave her a chance to breathe, a bit, after a hectic classroom experience. Seven was an intense, volatile year, with lots of tears and anxiety; 8 and 9 have been much better. I'm not sure, in retrospect, that the gaps between my child's areas of strength and relative weakness were having much impact on her feelings or her behaviour. I think she felt isolated when her vocabulary and literary references went over the heads of her friends and they found her "weird". Over time we've managed to locate some kids who are also big readers, and foster mentoring relationships with a couple of teen babysitters who share her book interests (we've said no to vampire books!)

The more useful thing for us has been finding a variety of outlets for very sensitive/empathetic/hyper-reactive kids, since the world does not cater to them. Drama lessons have been a lifesaver; we've also had some luck with limiting overwhelming sensory experiences (loud music, scary books and movies, news, boisterous playmates), spending lots of time outside, and trying to cultivate quieter activities and interests like sewing. Our daughter seems to need home to be a kind of cozy nest. The Highly Sensitive child book was also a help.

Good luck, Katebee!