Thanks Mich, That helps a lot! I wish I knew the 'right answer' - it seems like some double blind studies are in order, but I don't think that'll happen soon. One nice thing about the Davidson list is that I got to meet other moms who had also gone the 'all my strength' route. Unfortunately you have a ways to go until you get to age 5, but I am so glad you are realizing that 'exceptional kids can be exceptions' and I would add, need exceptional approaches.

The 'hand in hand' approach assumes that you get lots of time and attention your self to heal from the terror of what goes on during those tantrums.

Nurtured Heart seems like almost the opposite, with 'taking out the batteries' when rules are being broken, like 'no kicking, no disobeying, no yelling' - it puts more expectation on the kid to 'handle their strong feelings well' which I like (in retrospect.)

Hospital Visits sound purely awful, but living on eggshells and following his lead 'beyond' a certain point in fear of the next crying jag has it's cost also.

I guess my point is that the above approaches seem like likely possibilities, and that I trust your mom gut to steer you in the right direction.

((prayers))
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com