From what I've read about auditory processing, which is a lot, the child did not have a proper filing system when he was born. [My DS has expressive language disorder, which could be CAPD in some cases, but not in ours, hence my research.] So, these files need to be set up in order to put things into them. It seems that if the file is not there from which to pull it out, he would be able to blurt out a bunch of info and then organize it afterwards. If the files are there to begin with, which an SLP who specializes in CAPD would be able to help with, the organization would happen in his mind - and the earlier that happens the better. Make sure that the SLP does specialize in CAPD! It may not be as easy with things that don't interest him as much because the information is all just "floating around" with little relational value in his head, therefore making it harder to access when needed. They need to be able to relate things to each other; and the filing helps. It may be helpful to you and your DS, since you are taking him once a week, to ask the SLP to give you take home work to do with your DS, and/or to sit in with him on part of the sessions so that you have an understanding of what she is doing with him. If the child is uber-interested in a subject, he may have some kind of organization of his own in his head; but it may not be what will help him optimally, especially when he has to go off to college. Just trying to help. Good luck.:)